twenty-three.

After sitting there contemplating whether to kill Peter or not when she saw him next, Violet whipped out a pocket knife that she kept in her back pocket, using it to chisel away at the extremely strong web holding her to the hood. Her eyebrows furrowed in concentration as she attempted to pull her hand off and, although it did take a while, sooner or later the web snapped and her fingers were free.

Finally free, she glanced around for what to do. Only God knew where Peter had gone to actually confront Max, and it's not exactly like she had placed a tracking device in his suit, although she had really contemplated it sometimes. She stared at the cop car in front of her before her lips twitched at the corners.

Please, Gwen, tell your dad I said thank you.

In a couple of seconds, she had hopped in the cop car, shutting the door and turning the key in the ignition. Like every high schooler, Violet had learned to drive. That didn't necessarily mean she was good at it, or that she even had her permit, but she had learned! And that confidence is what had her foot holding down the brake pedal as she shifted the gear into drive before holding her foot down on the gas, causing the car to groan to life as she sped through the streets as fast as she could in the direction that she had seen Peter swing in.

It wasn't long before her eyes caught on to electrical sparks in the distance, where the power grid was, beams lighting up in orange light. Blue streaks of electricity also continued to shoot in random directions, where Violet assumed Peter was. Determined and her face set, she pressed on the gas harder, the car speeding up in cooperation.

When she pulled near the location of the power plant, her eyes caught on to where Max was holding Peter in the air solely by the power of his electricity, and her jaw set. She sped right to where she could see the man now clothed in a pure black suit, his skin still glowing an unhealthy shade of blue, and she pressed down the pedal even harder as the car moved through a gap in the large pillars. Just like she intended, she slammed right into the body of Electro, sending him flying in the direction that the car would have gone in if she didn't slam on the brakes right that second.

Even before the car had fully stopped, Violet was putting it into park, hopping out. "Really? You web me to a car?" She scolded Peter as she approached him, her anger ruling easily over her common sense. "What are you, a caveman?" As she approached, the suited vigilante got to his feet, stumbling a bit from the toll the electricity had had on his body. "You tie me up to go off to war? I know how to help you, dumbass!" She spat

"What are you doing here?" Peter yelled right back, his voice filled with pure irritation at the fact that couldn't follow simple instructions, but she ignored it.

"I know the grid specs! I can reset the system!" She spat back..

He reached for her as he looked behind him to make sure Electro hadn't gotten back up here. "You can't be here. I'm not messing around. You can't be here right now. This is insane!"

Violet furrowed her eyebrows as he held onto her shoulders, shaking her head. "Maybe I am insane! But nobody gets to make my decisions for me, got it? Nobody! This is my choice, okay? And if all this fucking goes wrong, it will still be my choice, Spiderman!"

Peter let out a loud, dramatic sigh, shaking his head but not responding as he continued to step back, his body in front of hers protectively.

"Now that that's out of the way, how do we stop him?" She questioned, glancing over his shoulder at where her stolen vehicle lay parked.

"Okay, so, he's electric, he's like a battery. So, what happens if you overcharge a battery?"

"It explodes." She answered easily, letting it all run through her brain. "So we use his power against him. Perfect! Solved."