⛸Then there's the landing (1/4)

Genre - fluff, smut, slight angst

Warnings - explicit sexual content

Words - 8K+ out of 45K+

Original by - Sharleena

Who asked for a chaennie figure skating enemies to lovers au? No one. Will I give it to you anyway? Yes.

The thing about figure skating is that it's the most brutal sport disguised as something incredibly beautiful to look at, something elegant and frail.

Just like Kim Jennie.

FOUR CONTINENTS CHAMPIONSHIPS,  GANGNEUNG, 2017

"Are you listening to me?

Chaeyoung hums, eyes still closed, headphones still in place, covering her ears and blasting Drake loud and hard.

"You're not, asshole." Yuri slaps her on the back of the head and the headphones fall down on her lap from the force of the jolt.

"Shit, you wanna kill me or something?" Chaeyoung groans, massaging her neck and getting her headphones back, she turns off the music.

"I want you to listen to me, brat."

"Well I'm listening now."

The plane is quiet, just an underground buzzing, business class is always quieter than economy, there's the ticking of a laptop's keyboard.

"I asked you if you've watched that video."

Chaeyoung grimaces at the memory, but nods anyway.

"And?"

"And what?" Chaeyoung asks, frowning.

"And how the fuck are you so calm?" Yuri shakes her head, eyes blown wide "I don't see you focusing at all."

"I'm not competing in three hours Yuri, I'm competing in two days." she retorts, pouting slightly "I'll have all the time in the world to focus."

"This ain't last year's World Championship where the only competition you had was Seulgi, kid." Yuri says "This is Kim Jennie we're talking about. This is gold medal at 2014 Sochi Kim Jennie. Two times World Champion Kim Jennie."

"And broken ankle that kept her from competing for a whole year Kim Jennie." Chaeyoung grins "One whole year without competing makes you weak, Yuri."

Yuri scoffs, crossing her arms to her chest and shaking her head like she can't believe what she's just heard. That's the thing with Yuri, if she doesn't like a thing you say it doesn't matter how true that thing is, she's still gonna be a stubborn asshole about it.

"Like a year off can do something to Kim Jennie." Yuri rubs the back of her neck "Like, you've seen that video and you still think that just because she didn't skate for a year she isn't competition?"

"I didn't say she's not competition. Everyone's competition."

Chaeyoung has seen that video more times than she likes to admit, but Yuri doesn't have to know that. She knows why everyone loves Kim Jennie, she's fucking perfect when she skates. Not one error. Not a bad landing. Well, except that time she landed so bad she broke her ankle, but that was a one-time thing. But the perfection around Jennie is exactly what doesn't worry Chaeyoung: Kim Jennie skates either like she was born for it or like a robot. And that's what judges like, perfection, accuracy. From the video she's seen, Jennie skates without passion, and passion is exactly what Chaeyoung does not lack. She tells Yuri that and Yuri laughs.