📓up on the roof with a schoolgirl crush

Genre - enemies to lovers

Warnings - none

Words - 19K+

Original by - luthqrs

Jennie Kim had it all; perfect grades, an arsenal of well-balanced extracurriculars, the approval of her parents and teachers, the respect of her peers, and a small but solid group of friends.

She was far from the popular clique at Fenway High School, mostly by choice, but she was well-liked and generally respected. Jisoo had once pointed out that nobody disliked her because they were afraid of what might befall them if they did. You knock a kid out one time in middle school for a cruel comment lost to the moment and nobody messes with you for the rest of your high school career, apparently. Jennie would happily admit to being proud of her reputation. Every aspect of her external persona was calculated, a perfect fabrication, every loose end tied. It was seamless.

Jennie Kim had it all. That was until she came along. Rosé Park, the newest addition to Fenway High School, who had already earned the position of resident cool girl (knocking Joy off her high horse, which Jennie would admit certainly wasn't an unwelcome development).

Rosé Park, who had half of the grade wrapped around her little finger, fawning over her, clamoring for her attention. Rosé Park, who seemed to have enrolled in every class that Jennie was taking, AP Chemistry and all. Rosé Park, who flirted with everything that moved; a smirk thrown this way, a cheeky, poorly executed wink that way. Rosé Park, who was messy and unpredictable, who caused chaos wherever she went, like an attractive whirlwind.

Jennie hated her. She wasn't one for giving people the benefit of the doubt at the best of times. She didn't take to Rosé Park and took pride in her first impressions of people rarely being wrong.

"Jennie, would you quit glaring at her? You're gonna get us killed."

Jennie snapped to attention. "You think she can take me?" Jennie asked incredulously, not taking her eyes off Rosé Park, who was straddling a lunch chair backward, talking to a group of boys Jennie hadn't yet cared to identify. Jisoo made a noncommittal sound, vaguely shrugging her shoulders. Jennie whipped her head around to face her, eyebrows raised in a silent question, slight offense in her eyes.

"What? She looks like she can fight." Jisoo reasoned, her head resting in the palm of her hand, leaning on the lunch table casually. Met with a steely glare from her best friend, she sighed in defeat. "Look, my point is, I don't want to be in the blast radius of whatever would happen if she decided to take a swing at you, so if you're gonna stare, do it in adoration like the rest of the school, will you?" Jisoo smiled, saccharine sweet and totally fake.

Jennie scoffed. "I'd rather screw Kai."

"Sitting right here, Jennie." Kai chirped from her left.

"I know." Jennie sang, unable to keep a chuckle from escaping her lips. Kai laughed.

"I'm just glad to be considered." He said solemnly, taking an exaggerated bow, complete with the flourish of his hand, before dissolving into giggles, unable to keep a straight face any longer.

"Hey, where's Nathan today? I haven't seen him since gym class this morning." Irene sing-songed. And just like that, Rosé Park was, thankfully, forgotten about.

"You don't take gym Rene."

"I most definitely do not," Irene replied, offended at the notion. "I had a free and I saw him heading into the locker rooms with the rest of the football team." She clarified.

"And you were hanging around the boys' locker room during your free because?" Jisoo smirked, eyebrows raised. Irene straightened her back, kissing her teeth dangerously.