🍭candy sugar so sweet

Genre - fluff

Warnings - none

Words - 7K+

Original by - FlatEartherYohane

---

"You're treating me like a child," Rosie huffed as she plopped down in the passenger seat.

"That's because you're acting like one," Alice chuckled as she turned the key in the ignition letting the car engine roar to life.

Rosie crossed her arms over her chest as her eyes were practically trained out the window, wanting nothing more than to avoid eye contact with her sister.

"It feels nice out," Alice mumbled as her fingers wrapped securely around the steering wheel.

The car ride for the most part was silent. Alice attempted to make conversation with Rosie but decided to quit since she hadn't managed to earn a single reply. Rosie was quite stubborn when she wanted to be. She couldn't bear the silence, so she settled on turning the radio instead, some overly produced bubblegum pop song began softly playing through the car speakers.

Even though Rosie tried her best to look menacing, her eyebrows deeply furrowed, and her arms crossed over her chest; she couldn't help but tap her index finger to the sickening sweet love song that played.

Alice caught this out of the corner of her eye, leaning forward to turn it up just a little louder.

Rosie bopped her head softly and mumbled the lyrics to herself, frowning once the song had ended and another one had begun.

"You really need to cut back on sweets, Rosie," Alice stated.

Rosie pouted, still avoiding eye contact.

"It's not good for you," she added as her eyes flickered over towards Rosie, who still had her eyes trained out the window.

Alice sighed, "I just don't want all your teeth falling out,"

The radio filled the silence once again. This time feeling much tenser than the last.

"And here we are," Alice spoke as the car came to a sudden halt.

Rosie could feel her heart drop to her stomach as she leaned forward in her seat, staring at the building in front of her.

The building was small and sat comfortably at the top of a small hill. Every edge is adorned with bushes of freshly watered flowers. An intimidatingly tall sakura tree loomed in the distance, the gentle spring breeze delicately carrying hundreds of petals through the air. Rosie watched as the petals fell from their place in the sky, almost as if it was slow motion. Her heart felt calm.

"Rosie, come on," Alice nudged her shoulder before stepping out of the car.

Rosie squeezed her eyes shut momentarily. It was just the dentist. It wasn't a big deal.

She stepped out of the car as her eyes traveled to the sign.

Kim Dental Care

She took a deep breath as she followed closely behind Alice. Rosie peered into the building through the window, noticing the numerous photographs of landscapes framed in elegant gold frames that lined the walls.

"Rosie," Alice whispered as she gently grabbed the sleeve of Rosie's oversized hoodie.

"I know," Rosie grumbled as she followed Alice inside.

The overwhelming smell of disinfectant overtook her senses, and she felt her stomach churn. On the counter next to the receptionist stood a small orange fox that held a small sign that read, 'Take care of your teeth and they will take care of you!'. Rosie could only assume that this fox was a mascot used to coax children into brushing their teeth.