☕️Triple Shot Pumpkin Spice Latte

Genre - fluff, smut

Warnings - explicit sexual content

Words - 18K+

Original by - coffeeinallcaps

Roseanne liked her job, she really did. Back in high school, she'd never even considered Psychology as a potential career path; back then she'd been all about Maths, Physics, Econ. Rules and hardcore number crunching, 1 + 1 = 2, none of the fuzzy unconscious nonsense that interfered with human behavior. However, her Social Sciences requirement in college taught her that it was actually quite intriguing, getting to know the workings of the mind. The more she learned, the more she wanted to learn— and the more she learned, the better she became at figuring people out.

Ultimately, figuring out someone's psychological problem was much like solving a math problem, really. Except instead of working toward an answer, she worked backward from the answer to the often obscure causes of it and tried to solve those. More difficult, sure, but also more rewarding.

Or so it used to be.

For two years, Roseanne had very much enjoyed her position as Student Psychologist at her alma mater. The pay was all right, she liked the students who came to see her, and her work was challenging and diverse.

Or so it used to be, before Professor Kim came along.

Honestly, Roseanne should have seen it coming when the girl in front of her, Hope (who'd come to her about her unfortunate tendency to throw up during exams), started shifting uncomfortably in her chair and mumbled that she guessed there was something else they should maybe talk about. But she hadn't, and when she took a deep breath and said, "So, um, also I think I may kind of be falling in love with one of my professors? A little?" she could barely resist the urge to drop her head into her hands.

Fuck no.

Not this again.

She continued, "I know it's really bad and I promise nothing happened, really, nothing happened, nothing is ever gonna happen, but I just can't stop thinking about her— she's so good-looking and she wears these soft-looking gray cardigans with the sleeves rolled up and every time I step into her classroom and she smiles at me or says 'good morning, Hope' I just can't take it, and she's so intelligent too, Ms. Park, she literally seems to know, like, basically everything there is to know within her field, and, I mean, it's not even like I'm the only one, all my friends love Professor Ki—"

Hope slapped her hand over her mouth, eyes wide.

Roseanne waved her distress away. "Don't worry about it, Hope. Principle of confidentiality, remember?"

Fucking Kim.

Of course this elusive new colleague of hers had to rear her ugly head in serious psychotherapeutic conversation again. And to think that this time last year, Roseanne had been solving actual problems. There'd been that shy A-student with symptoms of undiagnosed personality pathology, and the frat boy with deep-seated phobias as a result of unfortunate childhood trauma. Roseanne had helped those people. She used to help people. People with issues. Serious issues. And now? Now she was helping students get over their crush on the new professor on campus.

"Hope," Roseanne said without even bothering to pick up her pen. "I can assure you that you are not the only student to ever have harbored such feelings toward one of their instructors."

In fact, there'd been five, this past week alone. Three guys and two girls.

"Honestly, there's no reason to feel ashamed. It's really not that unusual for someone your age to feel attracted toward someone older, someone in an authority position. As long as you do not undertake any action that could get you in trouble, emotionally or otherwise, there's really nothing to worry about."