12

George POV

It was 8am when I woke up, it was a Saturday, I tried to go back to sleep but I gave up after a few minutes and got up. I went downstairs and I went to the kitchen and got out the cereal and a bowl. Once I had my cereal, I walked over to the kitchen table and started to eat. 

The thoughts of Nick kept on coming up in my head over and over again, I just couldn't get rid of them, I sighed and finished up the last of my cereal and left my bowl on the table. I ran upstairs and saw my mom already awake and was brushing her hair, she looked happy. I smiled and went to my room and shut the door.

Nick POV

I was tossing and turning all night. My arm was hurting but I tried to ignore it. Before I even realized, it was 8am and I got and started to brush my teeth and changed into a comfy hoodie and jeans. I went to my mom's room and I saw her crying.

"Mom? What's wrong." I sat next to her and hugged her. She sniffled.

"Oh, it's- it's nothing..." She cried, I felt so bad for my mom, she was shaking as she cried. I rubbed circles on her back comforted her, I got up and got a glass of water. My mom slowly drank the water as I kept on comforting her. Mom stopped crying for a bit. 

"What did I do to have you?" She asked me, I laughed a little and we got up and went downstairs. "You hungry?" Mom asked, I shook my head no and we sat in the living room, I was thinking about George the entire time.

How can you like George?

He's just a friend.

You just met him.

You have to stay friends, you're going to fast.

Those same thoughts kept on coming back, I sighed and glanced at my mom, who was on her phone texting someone.