𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

꒰ 𝖻𝗂𝖺𝗇𝖼𝖺 𝗉𝗋𝖾𝗌𝖼𝗈𝗍𝗍 𝗌𝗎𝖻𝗍𝖾𝗑𝗍 ꒱ؘ ࿐ ࿔*:·゚

The setting sun hung over the Pogues like a work of art, an amber glow casting shadows across the marsh as Kiara and JJ emerged from Geechie's liquor store carrying cartons of beers, courtesy of the blond boy's fake ID

The setting sun hung over the Pogues like a work of art, an amber glow casting shadows across the marsh as Kiara and JJ emerged from Geechie's liquor store carrying cartons of beers, courtesy of the blond boy's fake ID. Unbeknownst to them, a certain Kook— Kelce in particular, had spotted their arrival and informed Rafe Cameron back at the Country Club.

But they would deal with that problem when it came. Until then, their laughter flowed like a melody, the soundtrack of their summer, inviting them to dance to its mellifluous tune. The earth was spinning and the Pogues refused to stand idly by as the world passed them.

By the time they headed back to the Chateau, the sun had disappeared behind the horizon and the white-gold moon graced the dark sky. Amidst the starry velvet of the night, a warm milky glow illuminated the Pogues' little set up in John B's yard.

The hot tub, which had previously only brought memories of the summer's tragedies, was electrified with fairy lights embroidered into the branches of the large tree. John B had whipped out his old speaker, after rummaging through his room for a solid half an hour, and blasted music through the clearing. The energy was infectious like every day was summer no matter the weather.

"Uh oh!" Kiara cheered, a joint hanging loosely between her fingers as she sat in the tub beside Sarah who was also whooping at the boys' arrival. The curly-haired girl donned her bikini while the blonde was clad in her boyfriend's leafy-green button-up shirt.

Bianca watched amusedly from where she sat on the edge of the tub, skirt hiked up and a few buttons of her school shirt undone. Although she didn't want to get wet, it didn't stop her from dipping her feet into the water next to her best friends.

"Ladies and gentlemen!" John B shouted as he, JJ, and Pope threw off their shirts and ran towards them, cartons of beer in their arms.

JJ was the first to jump in, throwing everyone a beer and forcing John B and Pope to shotgun it. The girls rallied as they began downing them, but Bianca declined, informing them that she disliked beer. They continued like this until there were piles of empty cans littering the fringes of the tub and they started to feel the hazy buzz of the alcohol coursing through their veins.

"Yeah! Whoo!" John B shouted at the top of his lungs, savoring his newfound freedom while JJ squeezed his still full can of beer, which sprayed the contents over everyone.

The urge to complain about beer in her hair almost fell from Bianca's lips, but she was too busy giggling with Sarah to care. Their antics carried on all through the night without a moment that wasn't filled with ear-to-ear grins or bubbling laughter.

And then Pope was rapping, JJ nodding his head covered in the empty beer box to John B beatboxing, "I never made good grades in school. When I get out, I act like a fool, they say I come in the party and cause a commotion- I'm smooth, yeah, call me lotion!"