𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁

꒰  𝗆𝗋 𝗌𝖻𝗂 𝗀𝗎𝗒 & 𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝖽𝗈𝗇𝗎𝗍-𝖾𝖺𝗍𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗐𝗂𝗇𝗀𝗆𝖺𝗇  ꒱ؘ ࿐ ࿔*:·゚

"Let me know if I'm hurting you."

"You're doing fine, darling," Heyward smiled lightly as Bianca dabbed disinfectant on the large, bloodied gash on the top of his head.

It was unfortunate that these were the circumstances they were meeting because Heyward actually seemed like a pretty decent man. A little brash, yes but Bianca could tell just by looking at his short, pot-bellied stature, that he cared a lot about his son. Her heart faltered a little at the thought that she would never have that again with her own father, but Heyward continued speaking, drawing the girl out of her spiraling thoughts.

"I suppose I got you to thank," The man mumbled, glancing around and seeing that the other Pogues were all absorbed in their conversations while Bianca cleaned him up. Well, as much as she possibly could. His shirt was still stained with large patches of claret and torn at the hems.

"Oh- this is nothing," Bianca hummed distractedly, allowing the wound on the side of his temple to dry with the alcohol rub before she put bandaged it.

"I meant for Midsummers," Heyward informed, causing the girl's eyebrows to draw together in confusion. "Heard it was your idea for small businesses to cater the event."

Bianca's mouth formed an 'o' shape, almost having forgotten about her summer resolution to prove she could be a better person, "It was just the idea," She corrected with a shrug. "I didn't actually do much."

"Yeah well your idea, is the reason this place is still standing," The man told her pointedly, gesturing towards the large wooden signage behind them reading 'HEYWARD'S SEAFOOD'. "Cause of you, I got to repair the damage from Agatha."

Bianca ducked her head, giving the man a tight smile as her cheeks grew hotter. After the long and draining morning she had, Heyward's small act of gratitude made her insides warm. The man nodded slightly, satisfied that he'd uplifted her stormy mood, even if it was just for a moment.

"That one yours?" He nodded towards the blond-haired, blue-eyed Pogue who chatted animately away with Kiara while John B stood beside Pope.

Bianca followed his gaze towards JJ and paused. They hadn't established anything formal between them so everything still kind of felt up in the air. But Bianca brushed it aside because ever since Sarah and John B came back, they'd barely had any time to talk about what they were.

JJ was probably just waiting for the right moment to make things official. Yeah, that's what he was doing, she assured herself.

"He's a rescue," Bianca mused playfully, avoiding the question altogether.