𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆

꒰  𝖿𝗈𝗋 𝗒𝗈𝗎  ꒱ؘ ࿐ ࿔*:·゚

[ 𝗻𝘀𝗳𝘄 𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗼𝗿𝘀 𝗱𝗻𝗶 ]

[ 𝗻𝘀𝗳𝘄 𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗼𝗿𝘀 𝗱𝗻𝗶 ]

The Twinkie was silent except for the occasional chirping of cicadas and distant clamor of the bonfire dying down.

John B sat in the front seat of the van, leaning against the door with his legs outstretched in front of him. He pressed a can of cold beer against the side of his head where Topper punched him in an attempt to cool the dull throb. But even that couldn't soothe the thoughts that raced a mile a minute in his head, all centering around his ex-girlfriend, Sarah Cameron.

JJ jogged back to the vehicle, a sealed plastic bottle of water that he'd grabbed from the party in his hand. He leaned against the open window, handing the bottle to Kiara in the backseat, "Well, that was a little unexpected."

"Was it?" She scoffed pointedly.

"Yeah," Bianca hummed, her eyes fluttering shut. "Like, I love you, John B- but when have you ever won a fight?"

"O-kay," Pope inhaled sharply, turning over his shoulder to the backseat. "Kie?"

"Yep, already on it," Kiara reassured, unscrewing the cap off the bottle before gently nudging Bianca up. "Hey, B, you have to drink water. We need to get you sober."

A small pout formed on Bianca's face, curling further into Kiara's side, "Don't wanna."

"I've had more black eyes in the last month than I've ever had," Pope commented, returning to their conversation about the bonfire.

John B suddenly turned to the curly-haired girl, "Hey, did you really stick up for Sarah?" He murmured.

"Of course I did," Kiara shrugged. "She's not a real Kook," She glanced back over at Bianca whose eyes threatened to close again. "And neither are you so don't you ever forget that," She told her, recalling the time when the girl was so hell-bent on seeking revenge that she lost sight of who her real friends were. "Now, drink this before I shove it down your throat."

"Kie, are you flirting with me?" Bianca mused but reluctantly took the bottle when Kiara narrowed her eyes into a glare.

"Yeah, tell that to Topper," Pope shook his head at the thought of the Thornton boy who was set on keeping his claws dug into Sarah.

John B sighed softly and JJ took notice of his dismal mood, knowing it wasn't just because he got his ass beat by Topper for the second time, "Hey, maybe she'll come around?"

John B swallowed thickly, his eyes still planted on the dashboard in front of him, "It's like everything that happened to us didn't matter."

The atmosphere turned suffocatingly tense, none of the Pogues knowing how to comfort the broken-hearted boy. Until Bianca pushed the water bottle away from her face again.