𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁

꒰  𝖼𝗈𝗅𝖽-𝖻𝗅𝗈𝗈𝖽𝖾𝖽 𝗆𝗎𝗋𝖽𝖾𝗋𝖾𝗋  ꒱ؘ ࿐ ࿔*:·゚

Bianca stopped trying to hopelessly scramble to the surface a long time ago

Bianca stopped trying to hopelessly scramble to the surface a long time ago. Instead, she opted for allowing the gentle tides to caress her body, their subtle pull and tug taking her wherever the ocean wished.

She liked the feeling of not thinking. Of not worrying or tossing and turning with anxiety.

She liked just being. This state of nothingness was unlike anything she ever experienced and as much as she knew it was wrong, she wished to stay there forever.

The sun-speckled surface glistened above her like a thousand diamonds and with the pressure in her ears, she could no longer hear her friends crying her name. She wondered if they would care or even miss her if she stayed here forever. As much as she loved them, this is where she wanted to be. Maybe, they might even be happier if she wasn't there at all.

Here, Bianca's heart no longer hammered against her ribcage. Her thoughts weren't running wild and the guilt was a mere whisper in the silence.

But then, all in the blink of an eye, it was being ripped away from her and all those feelings returned ten-fold, like her very own hellscape.

A hand enclosed tightly around the hood of her sweater, pulling her roughly to the surface and forcing her upward. Bianca's head broke the water first with a spluttering gasp and the moment she felt the sun kiss her skin, she inhaled to extinguish the flames emblazoning her lungs.

The rest was a blur, a flurry of arms grappling onto any part of her they could reach and pulling her onto the life raft. She coughed the remnants of salty water she accidentally inhaled in her short-lived time below the sea and when her eyes fluttered open, she found the panicked gazes of John B and Sarah fussing over her.

Before she had a chance to breathe, the blonde girl was wrapping her arms around her best friend, "Oh my god, B- thank god you're okay."

Bianca didn't know whether it was the act of being violently ripped away from the comfort of the ocean and her unwillingness to part with it or the warmth of Sarah's embrace after being so worried about her but sobs built back up in her throat. Sarah could feel the girl's frame trembling intensely and she tightened her hold around her.

Bianca's head rested against her best friend's chest, tears mixed in with salty droplets of water streaming down her face. She could feel her hair sticking to her cheeks and her clothing clinging uncomfortably to her skin.

Most of the blood had faded, and only a few stains remained on JJ's hoodie she still wore but what drew her attention was the discolorations embedded under her nails. The girl couldn't tear her eyes away from her wavering hands, the sight more terrifying than anything she'd ever seen. Her father's blood.