Part 17

Nomu stares at Dazai and Paula uses that opportunity to shoot only for him to dodge again. Now all of the sniper's positions have been found. The demon throws his spear towards Paula and Violet.

Dazai catches Nomu looking at Sonia, who was off guard after the spear was thrown, runs towards her to pull her away from the approaching demon causing the two to get attacked by a swipe of what used to be Noma's spear.

Sonia went limp, falling to the ground immediately. She was cut deeper than Dazai was. Dazai half ran, half stumbled to a good hiding place, which was a bush at that time.

Violet who sees Dazai there, crawls to him, assessing his injury and pulling out a bandage that Chuuya had told her to carry just in case of... Dazai. Dazai thanked her and started wrapping his side while Violet clutched her gun.

"That's it dear... Make it hurt... Yes... I want them to suffer... Of course... All who killed me... One by one... But there's still one left Nomu... Yes, I know Noma... Where are you~"

"They both merged," Dazai says, not taking his eyes off himself wrapping his bandages.

"Where are you~ Here, come out. I'm almost killing him~"

Ray comes and taps Violet's shoulder. 

"Doesn't seem like your average pleasure hunt... Or did things change these last 13 years...?" The man mutters to himself.

"What's the situation?"

"Explain and be quick about it."

"Hey you're late to the party" Dazai scoffs, coughing up a bit of blood in the process.

"A revolt... Against these grounds... It was his decision... Lucas has been preparing this plan for 13 years... We were able to kill one... But in these next two minutes... If we aren't able to defeat him... Not just Lucas, or Emma, but everyone will be in danger."

"Mister, change of plans... Let's kill the demon."

"W-wait! It's not going to be that easy!"

"Stay back guys... I'll finish it. We have to stop it right?"

"Stop! My sniper doesn't even work on him. he is ridiculously fast and angry..."

"I know."

Dazai puts his hand on her shoulder. "Just trust them."

With one shot, the man shoots with pinpoint accuracy.

"You killed him! How?" 

"That's what a sniper does."

"Our whistle is first... Figures. All is going as predicted. Gotta hurry and join Jack's team."

"It will be okay. Everyone is fine. We're doing well so far."

Picking up on something strange, Chuuya and Nigel stop.

"What's wrong?" Gillian whispers.

"Shh... Something's coming."

A tall demon with two horns and ribbon-like hair could be seen.

This was not a part of the plan. Chuuya's eyes falter... There was one thought that went into all of their minds... What happened to the others?

"Let's split up."

"I agree." Chuuya nods to Nigel's statement. "I'll deal with him and you two go find Zack's team and get their gun and bring them to safety."

"How do you plan to stop them Chuuya?"

"Don't worry I'm not weak and I have much more experience in killing things."