CHAPTER SIX

─── ・ 。゚☆ : *

─── ・ 。゚☆ : *. AN ELDER BROTHER'S WORRY 
(
 chapter six ─ act one )

────────────

"What are you doing here?" questioned Klaus. Under any other circumstances, he may have been happy to see his older brother. But right now, he was in the middle of something and he didn't need Elijah ruining his moment.

"Well, I've come to see you, of course," Elijah responded as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. "I got word that you were in France and I came to see my favorite brother."

"Well, you've seen me. Now, you can go." The younger Original urged, not bothering to hide the impatience in his voice.

"Better yet, I'm going to go," said Rory as she stood up, downing the glass of alcohol as she did so.

"What? No," opposed Klaus as he jumped up. He then laughed nervously, trying to figure out what he could say to get her to stay. "But we were just -"

"Yes, I know but I'm leaving. There is clearly some unresolved family drama here and I have enough from my own family." The witch then turned to the other Original, who was still in the doorway. "It was nice meeting you, Elijah."

"You as well."

Rory smiled at the polite response before leaving the room, practically running out before she found herself caught in between whatever drama the two brothers had going on. Klaus could only sigh as he watched her leave, taking notice at the pace at which she did so.

"See? Now, look what you've done," said an exasperated Klaus as he gestured to the doorway that the witch left from.

"Oh, I am sorry, Niklaus. Did I interrupt something?"

Klaus rolled his eyes, not in the mood for his brother's teasing. "What do you want, Elijah?"

"I've come to see you, Niklaus. I thought I made myself clear."

"Well, you saw me, so now you can leave. I don't want to see you right now."

Elijah could only chuckle at his brother's childish antics. "I've actually come to you to speak about her."

Klaus' head perked up at that, just as the older Mikaelson expected it to. "What does your visit have to do with Rory?"

"You haven't been as careful as you usually are. Your movements around France have been noticed and that you've been having some company. I merely wanted to see if these rumors were really true."

Klaus was well aware of the rumors that his brother was talking about. Rumors that the great Klaus Mikaelson was involved with a woman, but the Original never paid them any mind. And quite frankly, he didn't care if his actions were causing rumors to circulate, all that mattered to him was spending time with Rory.