CHAPTER TWEVLE

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *. BACK FROM THE DEAD
( chapter twelve ─ act two )

────────────

Aurelia Piper groaned softly as she opened her eyes, her eyes fluttering as her blurry vision slowly cleared. After her eyes adjusted, Rory began to look around to truly take in her surroundings. And almost instantly, the confusion set in.

She seemed to be in a large, well-lit warehouse of some sort but as for its location, Rory wasn't sure. As she scanned the surrounding area, that's when her eyes landed on the coffins. There were four in total, two on either side of her with an equal space between them so it could all be in perfect alignment. Though not quite perfect as the one to the left of her was open and empty, the others closed and supposedly occupied.

"What the f- '' Rory yelled, scrambling upwards to a sitting position but that quickly proved to be a mistake as she felt dizzy and lightheaded. As the pain in her head slowly subsided, she looked down to find that she herself was in a pristine white coffin, lined with the finest satin. She was even wearing a grand white ball gown for some reason.

Where was she? How did she even get here? And who keeps coffins out in the open like this?

"Hello?" She called out, her voice echoing throughout the warehouse. "Can somebody help me please?"

No answer. There seemed to be no one else here except for her. Well, her and whoever the hell were in the coffins.

With some effort, she climbed out of the coffin and landed on the cold floor. She then grabbed the coffin's handle and closed it as tenderly as she could to not make much noise. It was there that Rory found a large sun symbol matching the pendant of her necklace engraved on the coffin's lid.

From there, Rory pushed open the doors and out of the storage facility. Having no idea where she was and with it being pitch black outside, the witch was forced to walk along the side of the road in the direction of brighter, distant lights. She continued moving forward despite how stiff and sore her body felt, eventually making it to a bridge of some sort.

Rory stopped on the bridge, peering over the railing to the waters below. She had a splitting headache, her body was sore and she seemed to be stuck in the middle of nowhere completely alone. This was a nightmare.

As if God had answered her prayer, Rory turned her head to the left at the sound of a car approaching. It had proved to be a police car, which had stopped along the bridge and a blonde female officer getting out of the car.

"Oh, thank goodness," breathed Rory, hopping down from the railing and heading over to the officer. "Thank God you're here."

"Don't worry, everything's going to be okay now," the officer reassured, silently checking for any signs of physical injuries. "My name is Sheriff Forbes. What's your name?"