CHAPTER FIVE

─── ・ 。゚☆ : *

─── ・ 。゚☆ : *. WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS 
(
chapter five  ─ act one )

────────────

For the next two days, the Orsino-Piper quartet were absolutely busy. Their schedule took them from one event to the next, leaving them hardly any time for them to have time for themselves. Quite frankly, it was ridiculous the little free time they had. But then again, they were to work, not to have a vacation.

Luckily, work seemed to stop after two days. It was a good thing that Rory actually knew her schedule and made sure to pencil in her meeting with Klaus during this time, even though Alek thought it was a stupid idea. But the witch was determined to go, though her cousin failed to understand why.

"I can't believe you're actually going through with this," Alek said, sitting down the bed and mindlessly through a ball in the air and catching it as a way to relieve stress.

"I can't just stand him up, Alek," replied Rory, busy looking through her closet to find something to wear for her "meeting" with Klaus. "Then he'll absolutely show up on the front door and we'll be screwed."

"We?" Alek's eyes widened. "There is no "we" in this, Rory. This one is all on you, I want no part in this."

"Well, too bad because if I'm going down, you're coming down with me. We're in this together." Rory then sighed, frustrated that she didn't find anything and now had to start her search all over again. "Now, help me pick out an outfit."

"This isn't so bad. I mean, it can get really, really bad but, so far, this isn't bad." Alek then paused, looking up to see the horrendous dress Rory was holding up. "Unlike that dress. Why do you have it in your closet?"

"It was a gift, and it goes well with my pearls."

"Well, there's no way that someone related to me is going out wearing that." The witch rolled her eyes, but put the dress back nonetheless. Alek eyed his cousin for a moment. "Rory, do you understand how bad this could get? It would be an absolute shitstorm that would happen if word got out that Klaus Mikaelson, of all people, found out about -"

"He doesn't know, Alek," blurted out Rory frustrated. "I haven't told him anything, about us, about back home, nothing."

"Oh, so not only are you lying to our family, you're also lying to a member of the Original family. Wonderful."

Rory turned her head over her shoulder. "In my defense, I thought he was just some cute vampire, not an Original." Rory then turned her head over her shoulder, seeing Alek's annoyed expression. "Don't give me that look. They're a rare species and it's not like they go around the place advertising themselves as the world's first vampires."

"I guess you have a point. And yes, it is a good thing that he doesn't know, so we just have to keep it that way."

"Ha!" exclaimed Rory as she pointed at him. "You said we. So you are going to help me, aren't you?"