CHAPTER TWO

─── ・ 。゚☆ : *

─── ・ 。゚☆ : *. SECOND FIRST MEETING 
( chapter two ─ act one )

────────────

Rory brushed off her skirt as she walked up the steps of Dark Raven. In her head, she. There was no way she could tell Alek, Ileana or Karsh that some vampire tried to drain her of all of her blood. It would be the perfect reason to take herself and Alek back home, and they only just left. No, there was nothing she needed to tell them because nothing happened. Simple as that.

The doors to the château opened, and she immediately heard the unmistakable sound of Karsh's voice. "Aurelia Cromwell!"

"Dear God," muttered the young witch.

"He's in the study, ma'am," said the nearby footman, and Rory thanked him.

As the young witch made her way up the stairs, she wondered what kind of state her uncle was in. Depending on how upset he was, Rory was about to be grounded for the rest of the trip. Though when she got to the doorway of her uncle's study, the scene before her wasn't any different from what she was used to.

Karsh was currently pacing back and forth in the drawing room. He was obviously worried, mumbling to himself about responsibility and safety. His green eyes were focused on the ground as he continued to pace, his hands anxiously fiddling with his dark brown hair. His wife, on the other hand, didn't share his worry. No, Ileana was sitting down comfortably in a chair with a glass of wine in her hand. Her blonde hair was falling freely down her shoulders as it normally was. Her brown eyes were focused on the newspaper she was reading. Though, she made sure to give small signs of acknowledgement that told her husband she was listening though she obviously wasn't.

"Hello darling," Ileana greeted her niece, her eyes still on the newspaper in her hands.

"Aurelia, do you have any idea what time it is?"

Rory only smiled tightly, "Well, hello to you, Uncle Karsh."

"Karsh," was all that Ileana said, and her husband instantly got the message.

"Hello, darling," said the warlock, his voice much gentler and his demeanor calmer than it was the first time. "Now would you kindly tell us where you've been?"

"I told you, I was going to see the town," replied Rory as if the answer were the most obvious thing in the world.

"And why are you back so late?"

"I spent a long time at the bookstore and there was a line when I was going to cash." Rory's eyes glanced from her aunt to her uncle, "So what's the problem?"

"Nothing at all, sweetheart," chimed in Ileana, finally putting the newspaper down. "You know how much of a worry wort your uncle is and why that is of late when it pertains to you and Alek. So, just try to come back at a more reasonable hour the next time you go out."