CHAPTER FOUR

─── ・ 。゚☆ : *

─── ・ 。゚☆ : *. CAUGHT 
(
chapter four ─ act one )

────────────

As the Orsino couple and "Piper" duo sat around the table in the drawing room for breakfast, there was a strange tension in the air. Alek wasn't his boisterous self, but instead quiet and clearly irritated at something. Rory seemed blissfully ignorant, going about her breakfast as if everything was fine. It was painfully quiet, Ileana and Karsh looking from Rory to Alek  and then back to each other, trying to figure out how to approach the elephant in the room.

"Is everything between alright you two?" Ileana asked gently. 

"Everything's fine, Aunt Ileana" Rory replied with a smile, Alek rolling his eyes. His reaction didn't go unnoticed by the two older witches, but the couple chose not to comment on it.

"Well, that's good because we have a lot of work to do while we're in France, and we don't want anything getting in the way of that," Karsh said, Alek sparing his cousin a quick knowing glance.  "I believe today you're going to be opening a new building on the behalf of your grandfather. Afterwards, there is to be a tour of the park, which to be followed by lunch and then -"

Ileana cut her husband off. "You both have some time to yourselves in the morning. It's not much, but it's still something."

"Yes, Ileana and I have a few things to go over with the staff before we start with today's schedule. Just please don't come back too late."

"Great." Rory smiled as she stood up from the table. "Well if that's everything, I'm going to leave."

"Great, I'm coming with you."

All eyes fell on Alek, momentarily stunned at his decision. They all knew that Rory liked going to  local shops and quieter places in their free time, and Alek, well, the opposite.

"Why?" Rory asked.

The fairy only shrugged, "Why not?"

"And you're taking a security guard with you," added Karsh. He then spoke quickly before the other two could argue, "And that's non-negotiable. So, you two better be off now if you want to go at all."

With an annoyed huff, Rory left the dining room with Alek right on her heels. The pair then headed to the car waiting for them outside, the security guard going in the passenger's seat as the two climbed into the back. The driver took off shortly after and the car ride was awfully silent for a moment. But there was still a single question playing on Rory's mind.

"Why are you here again?"

"I want to spend time with my favorite cousin," Alek responds, his tone making it seem as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.