CHAPTER NINE

─── ・ 。゚☆ : *

─── ・ 。゚☆ : *. RUDE AWAKENING 

( chapter nine ─ act one )

────────────

The grin never left Klaus' face as he entered his studio. Klaus was overjoyed, to say the least. He and Rory went on their first official date together, and it went well. And it was about to get even better towards the end until the bells went off. I mean, whose idea was it to have a striking clock anyway?

"I see you're back," His brother's voice rang out, the happiness instantly disappearing. "And you are in such a happy mood."

The smile on Klaus' face was replaced with a frown. "Go away, Elijah."

The elder vampire paid no mind to his brother's request. "So I take it you were with the Piper girl?"

"Is that such a crime?"

"What did you learn?"

The younger Original continued about his business, pouring himself the drink he knew he needed to deal with Elijah. "The girl has a sweet tooth. She is particularly fond of macarons, croissants and-"

"I meant anything useful," Elijah interjected.

"That is useful," refuted Klaus in false shock.

Elijah watched his younger brother plop himself down on the couch. "You really are of no help."

"You wouldn't be in need of help to begin with if you would just leave them alone."

"We need to find out more about this Piper family."

Klaus could only laugh. "There is no "we" in this, brother."

"They are a threat to us."

"They are perceived as being a threat by you, not by me. And maybe you wouldn't be perceiving things this way if you didn't antagonize Karsh and Ileana."

"I was merely trying to get answers."

The younger Original snorted, "And look how well that went."

As Elijah spoke to Rory's aunt and uncle during Lavigne's garden party, Klaus was listening to every word. Though both Elijah and Klaus were aware there was a great mystery surrounding the Piper family, Klaus wasn't stupid enough to confront them about the matter directly. And normally Elijah wouldn't do such a thing either but it seemed as if his desperation to learn something, anything, about this family got the better of him.

"You are letting this family become an obsession, Elijah, and I want no part," stated Klaus.

"We know nothing about this witch family or how they have managed to stay hidden for so long," emphasized the elder Original, his brother seconds from losing it. "And this family is powerful, so much so that even Lavigne has stayed silent on the matter."