CHAPTER ELEVEN

─── ・ 。゚☆ : *

─── ・ 。゚☆ : *. THE NIGHT THAT CHANGED EVERYTHING
(
chapter eleven ─ act two )

────────────

It was the night of the sacrifice.

All of the pieces were in place. Klaus Mikaelson was back in the dreary town of Mystic Falls with a vampire, a werewolf and a witch. The elusive moonstone was finally in his possession. He even had the new Petrova doppelgänger, who was far more compliant than her predecessor.

Unsurprisingly, there was this group in Mystic Falls that were determined to stop him. Klaus has had his fair share of people getting in his way before. Typically, he would applaud them on their determination, which would quickly run out after realizing there was no stopping him. But the failure of this Mystic Falls gang to accept this one simple fact meant they continued their attempts to throw a wrench in his plans. Now, they were more than irritating pests that on any other day Klaus would've happily gotten rid of.

But there was a more pressing matter on his hands, something that he needed to do. The one thing he's been wanting for over a thousand years. Break his curse and become the hybrid that he was always meant to be.

Klaus was silent as he watched his minion, Greta, push the werewolf Jules on the ground in front of Elena, and her aunt, Jenna. The latter two women were trapped within fiery circles, unable to get to each other or leave.

"What's happening to me?" Jules cried out in pain, clutching her stomach.

"I cast a spell to slow down your transformation. Your insides are trying to tear themselves free," Greta responds nonchalantly before backing away from the werewolf. She then flicked her wrist upwards, fire rising up from the ground and encircling Jules until it trapped her the same as the other two.

"Greta, witches are supposed to maintain the balance in nature. It's your duty to them to keep this curse sealed," implores Elena, causing Klaus to chuckle lightly.

It was a strange sight seeing a human telling a witch what to do as if they understood all the complexities that came with possessing and using magic. It was like Elena had viewed Greta as a rebellious child that was acting out and failing to understand the gravity of the situation.

"My duty is to Klaus! The New Order," Greta snaps.

Maybe if Elena had possessed the ability to see past herself, she would've realized that Greta was never forced to do his bidding. She, much like Maddox, agreed to join Klaus and follow his orders for one simple reason: to help create the New Order.

"Unite the Sun and the Moon ... and create the New Order." Gabriel's words from all those years ago had echoed in his head. After tonight, he would be a true hybrid ... and Rory would be at his side once again.