CHAPTER SEVEN

─── ・ 。゚☆ : *

─── ・ 。゚☆ : *. THE PARTY SCENE 
(
chapter seven ─ act one )

────────────

"Do we really have to go?" groaned Rory. The "Piper" duo and Orsino couple were gathered in the living room of Dark Raven. In a few short minutes, it would be time for them to leave and go to the garden party an acquittance of theirs, Mr. Charles Lavigne, would be throwing in Alek's and Rory's honor.

Karsh seemed to be appalled by the statement, and the fact it was even suggested to begin with. "Of course we're going." He then looked over at Alek, seeing the same look of excitement on the fairy's face as well. "Look, you two, I know that Lavigne can be ... a difficult person."

"He's an entitled, arrogant ass with little respect for this family," corrected Alek, his voice full of irritation.

And while Ileana didn't disagree with Alek's words, she made sure to add, "But he has a lot of influence both here and back home."

"Too much," muttered Alek, Ileana and Rory humming in agreement. "So much so that he thinks that he could do whatever he wants. And then the moment he screws up and finds himself in trouble, he can just kiss our asses as if that equates to forgiveness and pay no consequences for his actions."

"So why exactly are we going?" questioned Rory genuinely. "Lavigne doesn't sound like the type of person we should be associating ourselves with."

"Because you two are the guests of honor, and it would be incredibly rude to not attend," answered Karsh, still annoyed and confused as to why they were even having this conversation to begin with. Both Rory and Alek knew what was expected of them.

"Yet that man can be rude to us whenever he pleases?" scoffed Alek. "He constantly undermines the Cromwell name and our authority."

"And because any impertinent behavior is not only reflected badly against you two individually, but also against your grandparents and the entire Cromwell family," added Karsh, the young pair going silent. They knew it was true. "So, it is important that you both attend to show that no Cromwell is to be underestimated."

"Besides, you two need to be among some of your people again," added Ileana with a sympathetic look. "It'll do you some good. Make it that much easier when we return home."

"Right," muttered Rory, her voice drifting off. She was trying to forget that they had to return home soon.

"Fine," Alex agreed reluctantly, crossing his arms over his chest. "But we are only doing this for Grandpapa and Grandma Aggie."

Ileana let out a little laugh, "Isn't that who we do it all for?"

Karsh turned his head, seeing Tom standing in the doorway. "It's time for us to go."