028

"baby i'm home" says jack as he drops his bagpack on the ground and shuts the door behind him.

he was confused when she didn't run up to him to greet him so he walked into the living room, where y/n was seated with a blank look on her face.

"baby are you okay?" asks jack, standing in the doorway of the living room. "the rehabilitation center just called me" she says. jack walks up to her as he sits besides her and pulls her into his chest.

she clutches his sweatshirt as she takes a few deep breaths. "you wanna talk about it?" he asks her. "they say she wants to see me" replies y/n. "i'm scared" she says.

"i know you are baby and it's completely understandable, you don't gotta do nothin if you don't feel like it" says jack rubbing her back

"hey, whatever decision you make i'm here for you, i love you so much" says jack, kissing her forehead. "thankyou baby i love you so much" she replies, hugging him again as she rests her face in his neck.

after a peaceful minute, she speaks again.

"i wanna go see her" she says. "y-you sure, cause-" starts jack, but he's cut off by y/n.

"i'm sure. i wanna do this jack"

*the next day*

"whatchu doin baby" yawns jack as he walks into the kitchen.

"i thought you'd sleep in today" she says as she walks over to him and kisses his lips, wrapping her hand around the back of his neck.

"i thought that too but den i woke up and you wasn't there and then i couldn't sleep again" replies jack, wrapping his arms around her as he places his face in the crook of her neck.

"i'm sorry baby," she says, scratching the back of his head softly. "it's all good mamas, whatchu doin though" he asks her as he pulls away.

"i'm baking these brownies my mom used to make for me when i was a kid" she tells him.

"that's cool baby, can i help?" he asks her hopefully. "don't you wanna have breakfast first?" she asks him. "nah i don't feel hungry right now" he replies.

"okay then can you mix this batter for me please?" she asks him. "sure mamas" he replies as he takes the spatula and starts mixing the batter vigorously.

"jack, jack, slow down" she says patting his shoulder. "there's a special way to mix brownie batters. you draw a straight line across the bowl, and then you circle around and fold it" she says, showing him how to do it.

"ohhh" he says, taking the spatula from her.  he tries to mix it the same way she showed him how to. "like this?" he asks her. "yes baby" she says, getting up on her tiptoes to kiss his cheek.

y/n busies herself as she sets the oven to preheat and then put some dirty dishes in the dishwasher. "y/n, baby, look at this, i think it's done" says jack.

"hey that's actually really good!" says y/n checking the mixture. jack smiles proudly as he wraps his arms around her waist, hugging her tightly.

"can you please make me that fluffy egg thing" he whispers in her ear. y/n rolls her eyes as she pulls away from her. "boy make it yourself i got shit to do" she replies.

"baby pleaseee it tastes so much better when you make it" he says, a slight pout visible on his lips.

"please, please, please" he says, kissing her face in between every word. she scrunches her face at the ticklish feeling, giving in. "fine" she says.

he bites her nose slightly, kisses it, and walks away. "jackkk" she whines as she rubs her nose. he grins goofily from the barstool he's sat on.

...

"you okay?" asks jack as they both wait at the front reception of the rehabilitation center, his hand interlocked with hers.

y/n nods nervously as jack squeezes her hand softly.

"miss y/n?" calls a voice from down the hallway. "yeah?" asks y/n. "she's ready to see you" says the nurse with a kind smile.

jack and y/n walk down the hall and stand outside the room. "do you wanna see her alone first?" asks jack softly, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"yeah, i think i'd like that, thankyou jack" she says. he smiles as he kisses her forehead and steps aside so she can go to the room.

y/n takes a deep breath as she opens the door and steps in, closing it behind her.

her mom's there sitting on the bed, looking pale, but healthier than the last time she saw her.

"y/n" she says, her eyes tearing up.

"hi mom" says y/n as she walks closer to the bed.

"baby girl i'm so so sorry" says her mom as she starts sobbing. "i don't deserve you i'm so sorry" she says, reaching out to hold y/n's hand.

y/n stares at her with tears in her eyes as she avoids eye contact with her mother.

eventually she looks up. "i can't say that i forgive you mom, but we can work towards it, towards making our relationship better" says y/n shakily.

her mom nods eagerly as she strokes her hands with her thumb.

"i made something for you" says y/n as she wipes her eyes and hands her the tupperware container she put the brownies in.

"thankyou sweetheart" says her mom as she takes the box and opens it. "this smells amazing" says her mom as she closes her eyes in content.

"before you eat them, there's someone i'd like for you to meet" says y/n as she walks towards the door and opens it.

jacks sitting on a seat in the hallway, looking up when he hears the door open.

"you can come in now" she tells him, smiling softly. he smiles back at her as he takes her outstretched hand and they both walk into the room.

"mom, this is my boyfriend jack" she says as she signals to him. "it's a great pleasure to meet you jack" says her mom as she smiles weakly.

"the pleasures all mine, mam" says jack as he smiles at her politely. "would you care for a brownie?" asks her mom, extending the container towards him.

"would i" he says, chuckling as he lunges forward to take one, making y/n and her mom laugh.

authors note:

sorry for not updating in so
long :( BUT THANKYOU FOR
90K READS OMG

but what are our opinions
on chtkmy?

my favourites are state fair,
side piece, and lil secret<3