Chapter 5

"I've got another muffin for you!" Hyunjin happily said when his eyes laid onto the blonde figure scurrying into class.

"Where's the variety? I'm all muffined out." Felix sighed, taking a seat next to the long haired blonde.

"Hey asshole, I've been hearing endless bickering from my mom because of all the muffins I've stolen for you. You better be thankful." Hyunjin pouted, throwing the packaged sweet at the small figure.

"I'm very thankful." Felix giggled, opening up the plastic bag that contained the sugary delight. He took a bite, eyes locking onto the doorframe in hopes of seeing Chan walk in. He had been anticipating first period because he couldn't wait to see the brunette.

"Any idea on how you're going to get Sir Emo to even acknowledge your existence?" Hyunjin questioned, eyes also glued on the doorframe. He was patiently waiting for Jeongin so he could have his two second interaction with the boy. Felix giggled at the nickname Hyunjin reserved for Chan before letting out a sigh.

"I've been thinking about it all weekend. I just don't know what I could do or say that would work." Felix pouted.

"Well I think maybe you should start off with a simple 'hi' like how me and Jeongin do." Hyungjin suggested.

"That isn't a horrible idea, but what if he thinks I am weird or something?"

"Don't know until you try-" Hyunjin cut off, eyes locking onto Jeongin's well dressed figure. "H-hey Jeongin!" He smiled, awkwardly waving at the boy.

"Hey!" He smiled back, eyes forming crescents while he walked to his desk. Felix watched the interaction between the two boys, a smirk resting on his soft features.

"I may consider doing just that." Felix spoke, truly believing he could muster some form of confidence to talk to the hot new student.

Both boys fell silent, Felix munching away on his muffin while Hyunjin stared dreamingly at Jeongin. Felix waited patiently for Chan to walk into class, nearly choking on his muffin when the bulky figure walked through the door.

He looked as cool as always, wearing his usual black while being decked out in silver jewelry. He styled his hair today, brown locks hanging over his forehead nicely. He was barefaced, not a trace of makeup in sight. Felix swallowed the big clump of food, choking in the process.

"H-hey!" Felix choked out to the boy. Chan looked back at him, a small hint of disgust behind his bored features. He didn't say anything, awkwardly waving before sitting down at his desk. Felix coughed loudly, hitting his chest to try to get the chunk of muffin down his throat.

"H-Hyunjin!" Felix cried out, pointing towards the blonde's water bottle. The taller boy quickly handed him the water, Felix taking massive gulps to break down the food stuck in his throat.

"That could've gone better." Hyunjin sighed while Felix let out quiet coughs, everybody in class staring at him.

"N-never bring me those cursed things e-ever again." Felix whimpered out, getting up and throwing his half eaten muffin in the trash.

"Noted." Hyunjin responded, taking the time to spare a glance in Chan's direction. The boy looked bored, occasionally glancing at Felix who was crumbling from the tension.

"P-please tell me he isn't laughing at me." Felix whispered, hiding his face to hopefully bring less attention to himself.

"He's not laughing, but he is looking at you."

"He thinks I'm a freak!" Felix cried out, making Hyunjin scoff.

"He probably thinks everybody is a freak."

"F-fair point." Felix said, falling quiet once more when Mrs. Gwan walked in.

The class felt like it was taking forever to finish. Felix wanted to take the time to glance at Chan, but he was too ashamed to even look at him after the muffin incident.

He mindlessly copied down the notes on the screen, tuning out Mrs. Gwan's voice while he did so. The itch that grew when it came to wanting to look at Chan becoming almost irresistible to scratch.

He turned his head around, eyes locking on a mop of hair laying on the desk. Chan had fallen asleep during note taking. Mrs. Gwan was too busy with the lesson to even acknowledge sleeping beauty.

Felix let out a sigh, turning his attention back onto his notes. After what felt like an eternity, the lesson had ended and the bell was going to ring any minute. Felix spared one last glance at Chan who had finally awoken from his beauty sleep, packing up his notebook that had absolutely no notes on it.

"Felix and Chan. I'd like to have a word with you both after class." Mrs. Gwan's voice called out. Felix's eyes locked onto Chan then Hyunjin. "What do you think that's about?" Hyunjin whispered.

"I don't know. Do you think she's going to yell at me because I spend most of my time staring at him instead of working?" Felix panicked.

"You're asking me like I know." Felix only scoffed at Hyunjin's response, bell ringing to signal next period.

"Tell me what happens, love you!" The tall blonde walked off. Felix and Chan awkwardly walked up to Mrs. Gwan's desk, watching all the students leave her class. Felix felt panic settle in. He's never been scolded by a teacher before.

"So I am sure you boys are wondering why you're here, correct?" Felix only nodded, eyes locking onto Chan who just stared blankly at the woman.

"Well Chan, you're failing my class." The older woman spoke, disappointment on her features.

"The reason why you're here Felix, is because you're my top student, and I want you to tutor Chan to help him get his grades up." Felix nervously bit his lip, pushing the frame of his glasses up.

"Is this okay, Mr. Lee?" She asked, eyes darting from both figures in her classroom. Felix felt a sense of relief knowing that he wasn't getting yelled at for all the unnecessary staring he was doing during class. He also felt extremely happy given that his was his chance to finally become friends with Chan.

"Yes!" He happily said before tensing at how weird that probably sounded. "I-I mean sure. That is okay." He quickly corrected.

"Mr. Bang?" She asked, seeking his opinion on all this. The brunette only nodded, making the teacher smile happily.

"Great! You guys figure out how you will be going about it. Have a great day!" She dismissed both boys. Felix couldn't help but giggle to himself in excitement. This was going to be his big chance.