Chapter 11

"So..." Felix awkwardly said, sitting down on one of the dining room chairs in Chan's kitchen. "L-let's get to studying shall we!" Felix smiled, taking out some flashcards that he had spent two hours making last night. He figured this would be perfect study material and it might help the brunette.

"I made some flashcards for you to help with some of the material." Felix continued to ramble in hopes of keeping the conversation alive.

"Flashcards? Do I look five to you?" Chan bitterly spat, causing Felix's eyes to sting. He quickly shook his head, he refused to cry again.

"I-I just figured they'd help you out is all." Felix's voice was small, but that didn't discourage him any further from wanting Chan's attention.

"Whatever." Chan rolled his eyes, setting down his phone while waiting for the blonde to quiz him. Felix only made it past two flashcards, all in which Chan got wrong, before the brunette pulled his phone back out.

"Is that all you're gonna do during these study sessions?" The blonde asked, growing irritated.

"Yup." Chan blandly said, making Felix clench his teeth in frustration.

"I have said it once, and I will say it again, I am risking a lot to see you and help you." Felix responded, flipping to the next flashcard while shoving it in Chan's face. "Now tell me the answer to this question." Felix snapped, pushing up his glasses with a scowl on his face.

"I don't know, North Korea?" Chan shrugged, causing Felix to let out a small sigh.

"Not even close..." Felix pouted.

"Why are you even bothering to help me if it's such a problem?" Chan questioned, taking the blonde by surprise.

"Because I think you're cool." Felix smiled, making Chan roll his eyes.

"Is that why you constantly stare at me?" The brunette questioned, causing a red hue to decorate Felix's cheeks.

"You noticed that?" The blonde asked.

"How could I not notice it? You do it constantly." Chan deadpanned, the blush on Felix's cheeks only getting darker in color.

"Sorry..." Felix looked away, pushing up the round frames that rested on his nose. Both boys fell quiet, the music Chan had on played quietly in the background.

"Do you want to study more?" Felix asked, losing all hope in trying to tutor the delinquent.

"I'm pretty sure you know the answer to that." Chan responded, eyes glued onto the damn phone.

"Why are you always so glued to your phone?" Felix questioned, curious as to why the brunette was always focused on that more than anything else in his life.

"I'm texting my boyfriend." Felix felt his ears perk up at the word 'boyfriend' growing more curious about Chan now. So Chan was interested in men?

"Boyfriend?" Felix asked, intrigued to hear more.

"Yeah." Chan dryly responded, making Felix pout. He didn't know Chan liked men. It for some reason made him all the more interesting.

"Is that a problem?" Chan asked, looking the blonde up and down questionably. "D-definitely not! My best friend is gay!" Felix said in defense, both men falling quiet.

"Is he nice?" Felix questioned once they fell back into an awkward silence.

"Not recently." Chan responded, typing away on his phone while they both talked.

"How come?" The blonde asked once more, making Chan groan in annoyance.

"Are we back with the whole questioning bullshit again?" The brunette asked while rolling his eyes. The last thing he wanted was to be interrogated by this little blonde twerp.

"I-I... I'm sorry." Felix said, looking down while pouting. His eyes stung, tears falling unintentionally from the harsh words of Chan.

"Really?" Chan scoffed when he saw the tears, rolling his eyes while setting his phone down. He let out a huge sigh, he hated when people cried in front of him.

"I promised myself I wouldn't cry! P-please don't take me home! I'll stop crying!" Felix quickly said, wiping up the tears with his sleeve. He took off his glasses, eyes locking with Chan while he wiped the tears off of the lenses.

"Hand me those for a second." Chan instructed, making the blonde grow confused at the request.

"My glasses?" Felix questioned, holding up the clear framed pair.

"What else would I be talking about?" Chan snapped, making Felix quickly hand him his glasses. The brunette folded them up, shoving them into the pockets of his hoodie.

"W-why?" Felix questioned, feeling small under Chan's intense stare. His eyes darted up and down Felix's features as if trying to pick apart every detail.

"You look better without them." Chan shrugged. "But I can't see!" Felix cried out.

"And? You look hotter without them." Felix's cheeks burned a deep red. Nobody has ever called him hot before, especially somebody as cool as Chan.

"H-hot?!" Felix exclaimed.

"That's what I said didn't I?" Chan shrugged, acting as if what he said wasn't a big deal. Nobody's complimented him, especially something positive pertaining to his looks, so of course it was a big deal to the blonde.

"Your freckles are nice." Chan added in, making Felix's cheek flush even more.

"R-really?!" Felix smiled happily, eyes forming crescents.

"Yeah." Chan blandly said, pulling out his phone to text his boyfriend.

"N-nobody's ever complimented me before!" Felix giggled, unable to contain his happiness from the kind words of the brunette. Hyunjin wasn't right about Chan, he was actually kinda nice.

"Well don't get used to it. I only said all that because I felt bad for making you cry." Chan said, popping Felix's bubble. The blonde pouted, scoffing loudly at the mean words.

"Give me my glasses back." Felix demanded, sad that Chan didn't mean any of what he said.

"Sure." Chan said, taking out the clear frames and throwing them in Felix's direction. Maybe Hyunjin was right after all, but like always that wouldn't deter Felix.

There were still so many things he wanted to ask the brunette, and he was determined to befriend him and get answers.

———

not a fan of this chapter. my mind has been focused on everything but the plot of this story and i am afraid that i will lose this book because of it. :(