Prologue- Hell Fire

"Watch me as I disappear

"Watch me as I disappear."
Thin white lies
5sos

The phone rang incessantly on the desk near the stainless steel pen cup. Its matching metal ink pens moved with a buzz loud enough to set off anxiety of any type.

With a click and a sigh, a curt answer welcomed its receptor.

"Speak."

"We need it back."

A duck hematite ring encrusting a ruby twirled around with the black telephone cord, clearly impatient. It'd been two years since 'Hell Fire' happened. He'd had several calls seeking renewal. Months and months of begging after the mourning period ended. Unanswered telephone calls, dropped numbers, and refusals of meetings. He chose to keep it a secret. 'Hell Fire' didn't need to resurface. The first few police searches, investigations, and downtown curfews were enough for him to pull the event. Enough to move city's, to move states.

"How'd you get this number."

A scoff, "you're not as underground as you think. Just followed the trail of fake ID's, booze, cigarette smoke, and duck chips."

"You're in my city?" He raised a brow and gripped the end of the marble desk until his knuckles turned ivory.

"I've been in your city for months," he said lowly. "Following you're trail wasn't hard. The pit stops from Cali down to Mexico was a bit inconvenient if you ask me. Could have made a straight shot from Cali to Las Vegas but I guess you needed your personal contacts after what you lost in 'Hell Fire'..."

"What do you want?"

"You know what we all want," he suggested. "What you want."

"I lost too much last time," he said.

"That's because you backed the wrong racer."

This time his scoff filled the silence while his gaze lift towards the chandelier on the ceiling, "what do you suggest I do this time."

"I say you start by bringing it back," his voice felt like velvet dripping with blatant manipulation. "I can make it worth your while."

"And what," he said through clamped teeth, "could you offer?"

"Me."

"A reckless investment?"

"A partner," he corrected.

The grip on the telephone grew tighter, "You want to be my racer."

"I'll be part of your team," he appeased. "Split a major win with you every now and then. I'll get him to be your racer."

"To bring back El Rapids?"

"To make something new, Quackity." The receptor hummed to himself for a moment before adding, "You need a new Dream.

Quackity scoffed, "You would know, right? Being best friends with the man himself."

"Precisely."

A/n
Ahhh
Anyways you guys have no idea how much fun this story is to write.