Final Flame

"You caught me under false pretensesHow long before you let me go?"Suppermassive Black HoleMuse 

How long before you let me go?"
Suppermassive Black Hole
Muse 

⚠️Blood and gore. Violence. Death mentions. Wounds and injury. Gun violence. Car accidents. Unrealistic car situations. Anxiety⚠️
This is the last scary chapter it's uphill from here. Be safe happy reading <3

3

2

1

Dream let the first two speed past him purposely, he took third place with a shift of his gears. The road was already speeding fast beneath his wheels by the time the track opened up. It was a three-mile race started in the boonies of the western sector and ending in the upper-level hotel division. Evidently, it was closer to George's wedding venue than Dream had registered. It must've been easy to knock him out and take him there he realized helplessly. Dream shifted gears and sped past a novice racer trying their luck.

Technoblade, a few cars ahead, weaved in and out of useless Toyota's and shifted into a boosted turn. Tokyo was right behind him, treading his tail like life depended on it. Dream nearly missed the direction change, but pulled himself together and skid it. His car growled in protest, while he tried to shake off the near mistake.

Dream was nervous and that never happened for races. Races normally put him on a high and fucked up his nervous system until it submitted into action. Always buried and writhing beneath the adrenaline, that was where him and his daredevil compared. The wheel's beneath him squealed on the tarmac and Dream rolled the angst off his neck. He could do this.

The road was lit with several lights as they sped down empty downtown streets. Purple lamps, much like Las Nevadas, were slowly starting to fade to obtuse red and it put a pang of sensitivity to Dream's eyes. He knew these colors wouldn't last long. The first mile was always lit up because that was where the crowd hovered. Lined up and packed together like cattle they hollered all the way up the street. Dream saw them waning as he shifted gears, passing Tokyo's racer in term. It was a small victory, but Technoblade still had a three-car distance between them. Dream pressed on the gas.

Around mile two Dream's breath hitched at the immediate blackout. It was as if a void sucked the air of color and blackened it with chilling nothingness. Almost the whisper of death. He meticulously flicked on his LED's and kept his eyes and leather wheel steady.

It was just a glimpse at first. A flash of neon before it was gone in vision, blinked away in the rearview mirror. Then again. Dream's breath hitched. And again. And suddenly Dream was swerving off the road into another lane.

It hadn't made sense at first but the devoid of light suddenly clicked in Dream's scattered brain. They were in a cavernous underground tunnel littered with writhing figures.