Scorched

"To make it easy, you lie and say it's all for love

"To make it easy, you lie and say it's all for love."
Me And My Broken Heart
Rixton

"Give that back!" George reached lazily for the remote in Dream's hand. Granted he didn't really care all that much after what Dream was doing. He'd been laid on the couch seemingly napping before George dropped down on him with a reluctant "yes". After a protested huff Dream allowed George to rest on top of him, head to chest while the brunette flipped through channels. It lasted a good five minutes.

"Get off," Dream chuckled. "Go cuddle someone else I was trying to nap."

George dug his chin purposely into Dream's chest, "oh, so you can hang on me like a koala while I cook but I can't bother your nap?"

"Boundaries," Dream reminded. George refused to appear affected but the light in his eyes dimmed.

He hummed, "right. I sorry. I'll go bother, Karl."

"No," Dream interrupted. "It's... okay."

"It clearly isn't," George muttered sitting up. The lines were so scattered George had a hard time drawing them.

Dream pulled George back down and placed a hand in his hair. Hesitantly, he melted into the affection, the soft lust-less touch, he exhaled.

"I'll suck you off," George offered, as a compromise. "If that makes this easier. More detached."

"No," Dream said quietly. "I know that's not what you want."

George huffed and listened to Dream's slow heartbeat, "it doesn't matter what I want, Dream. Not if you're uncomfortable."

Dream tucked hair behind George's ear, "I'm not. I just want a nap."

"Do you want me to go, yes or no?"

A heavy pause droned between them. Weighted down by Dream's unmoving hand. George counted to ten before the world started spinning again. Dream continued to move his hand through George's bedhead tangles.

"Stay," he said. George hid his grin in Dream's soft t-shirt. That odd warmth George didn't understand long ago was simple now. He wouldn't put words to it because that was bound to become a disaster but he did know one thing. One minute little detail he hadn't realized until recently. He was happy. Despite his ups and downs with Dream, racing, Las Nevadas, George was internally happy.

"Hey, Dream?" George's words came off tender and Dream hummed as a response. The weather was wretched and rough outside the windows. A freeze had set in with the midday sun and turned all the clouds black, completely frozen. It was snowing and George had smiled about that detail. He didn't exactly like the cold but the snow was always a different feeling. Quiet and calm unlike the thoughts in his head on a constant loop. "Are you happy?"

A breath, "what?"

George watched Cat rub up against Patches on the carpet before him. Sweet and unlike the feline he knew, George realized Cat felt the same. He meowed more, cuddled more, wanted to be playful. George was drowning in warmth.