An Uncovered Hog

"Grip the wheel if I drive too fast

"Grip the wheel if I drive too fast."
WHAT YOU CALL THAT
Chase Atlantic

George's playlist of stripped-back songs carried his Porsche up to the start line. Softer in compression to his nerves. They were wired. Every inch of his skin felt irritated, his eyes seemed to dart for an escape. He was happy his heart had a cage, if it didn't it would have dragged him halfway down the strip in a false start. And how fucking embarrassing would that be for his first race? He put his break in park to be sure he didn't send his car flying on accident.

Dream tapped on his window a moment later. George pressed down his automatic latch and looked at the man flatly, "I'm going to fail."

A scoff, "with that playlist yes." Dream reached into his car and shut off his radio, "a slowed Heat Waves is not going to help you right now."

"Fuck off," George chuckled. "Are you here to give me a pep talk?"

"I'm here to tell you about your opponent," Dream leaned both elbows on the window sill. "Badboyhalo is a careful driver, but he's precise. No wrong turns. No half skids. No fun."

George's mouth pulled up into a grin, "did you just say fun?"

Dream leaned further into the car and pulled down his mask, "yes, I said fun." A full smile crept up to grip George's cheeks. "I know I've been hard on you about this race and I've been a..."

"A dick," he finished then motioned for Dream to continue.

"A dick," he deadpanned in repeat. "But I wanted to say you have a good chance. And... I'm rooting for you."

George's need to tease melted a bit, "thank you, Dream."

He nodded but his gaze lingered a little too long on George's eyes. His cheeks. His jawline. George knew there was something else, he didn't feel afraid to ask what it was this time.

"Just," Dream huffed frustrated with himself. "Just don't do anything too reckless, alright? I need you back here in one piece."

"Aww," George crooned. "You need me?"

The tip of Dream's nose dusted with color, "George."

"The Dream needs me," George continued. "Oh god, call in the cavalry the man needs someone." His smile dripped with warmth, "I'll be fine, Dream."

Dream clicked his tongue and reached a hand out. George pulled it to his cheek with a relaxing exhale.

"You better be," Dream tried to sound assertive but George saw right through his wall. "Or so help me It will not end well. I will have to..."

George pressed a thumb over Dream's lips to shush him, "Dream, you're love language is showing. And you're not supposed to love me," in a mock whisper he said, "you're breaking a rule, asshole. Get it together."