9| friends

I have no idea how I'm going to fit everything I bought for the baby in my room. Sure I have the master room in the house which is the biggest room of all, but there is no space for anything but the crib. Izzie and George occupy the two other rooms, so there are no extra rooms available for my daughter to have her own for now. I think I'm going to have to kick them both out. Sure only one of them has to leave, but it'd be wrong if one moved out and the other stayed. Besides, I don't want to have to make the executive decision on who can stay and who can't, even though I'd let Izzie in a heartbeat since she can cook.

Maybe I should let her stay.

I wasn't sure how I was going to tell Izzie and George they had to go. I like having them here, but I need the space. Over breakfast I was going to tell them, but I couldn't manage to get those words out. Izzie asked me if something was wrong when I didn't respond to whatever she and George were talking about. I said no.

I told myself I would tell them tonight no matter what. I went over in my head all day what would say. I even asked Cristina if this was a good idea kicking them out, and she told me she would have kicked them out a long time ago.

I was the last one to get home because there was a patient I needed to monitor post surgery. Izzie was of course cooking in the kitchen. I went up to my room to put my things away, and came back down. George was sitting at the table talking to Izzie while she cooked. Why does every time I want to talk to them about moving out is the worse timing?

"You both need to move out." I blurted out. They both looked at me. "Crap. I didn't mean to just blurt it out."

"What?" George asked.

"We have to move out?" Izzie asked. "You said we didn't have to."

"That was before I realized how much a baby needs. My room is simply not big enough. Emma needs her own room, and I can't just kick one of you out."

"Sure you can. Kick George out!"

"Hey!" George exclaimed.

"Meredith, can't we just work something out?" Izzie asked. "What about converting your mother's office into another room? Like does she really needs an office here?"

"See, good idea!" George said. "And I think Izzie should take that room."

"No, you are. I came up with the idea."

"See, this is what I'm talking about. You can't even decide who would take that room if I agreed to turn it into another bedroom. I'm sorry, but you both need to find a new place and be out by April."

Valentine's Day had to be the worst next to Christmas and Thanksgiving. I never had anyone to celebrate it with, so because of that, I would always go to the bar and possibly bring someone home if not let someone bring me home. Obviously that's not going to be happening this year since I'm six months pregnant. It's probably for the best anyways pregnant or not.

Luckily I was working the night shift at the hospital, so I was able to distract myself for the most part from this awful, awful holiday. Things did get pretty exciting at the hospital. A flower truck ran into our emergency room. Flowers went everywhere, same with chocolate. I'm not proud to admit this, but I did steal a box or two of chocolate.

Don't judge me. I'm pregnant.

"Making pregnant people work the night shift should be illegal." I said to Alex.

"Maybe you shouldn't go off and get pregnant then. And I'm really not feeling like hearing about your problems. I got my own problems to worry about."

"Need to talk about it? Maybe I can help."

"I don't need advice, Grey."

"Just trying to be a friend to you is all." I got up from where I was seated. "I'm going to an on call room. Have me page if I'm needed."

"I found out I failed my medical boards." Alex spoke up. "The chief is letting me retake them in two weeks. But I'll probably just end up failing them again, and then I won't be able to become a doctor, and I wasted my time going through med school."

"If you ever need help studying, Alex, I'm here for you."

"Just don't tell the others. It's embarrassing."

"It's not as embarrassing as what I'm going through right now." I pointed to my stomach. "This is my boss's baby."

"Technically, Webber is our boss."

"Then this is my teacher's baby, who was married at the time I got pregnant. Now tell me, Alex, who's situation is more embarrassing?"

I helped Alex study quite a lot. He may not be my favorite person, but I'd hate to see him leave. I didn't tell anyone the reason I was hanging with Alex more often, though Cristina suspected I was sleeping with him. The thought of sleeping with Alex made me sick to my stomach.

I was probably more nervous for Alex than he was for himself when his results finally came in. Apparently our study sessions paid off because he had passed, which means he can remain being a surgical intern at Seattle Grace, and the rest of the hospital will never find out about this re-test not that it's really their business to know.