13| jealousy

I felt bad for George. All of us interns passed our intern exams except for him, and frankly I'm surprised I passed. Luckily, though, the chief is allowing him to redo his internship, but unfortunately for him, one of us; Cristina, Izzie, Alex or me will probably be his resident and will be bossing him around.

I really hope it won't be me.

The chief gave all the returning interns/ new residents a month off from work once our results came in. I hated that month off because again, I was at home with the baby with nothing to do. At least Emma has been sleeping through the night because I've been able to catch up on some much needed sleep.

That reminds me. It's time for Derek to leave my house.

Derek entered my house just as I got off the phone ordering pizza. Before he could get much further than a few steps from the door, I stopped him and held my hand out. "I need my house key back."

"Why?"

"Because of our deal. Once Emma starts sleeping through the night, you get kicked out and back living in the trailer. I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but your daughter is sleeping through the night if you haven't noticed. Get out of my house now." Derek smiled and gave me a you're cute look like I'm just teasing him. "I'm serious Derek, get you and your crap out of my house."

"Yeah... that's not going to work, Meredith." He walked passed me and headed for the stairs. "I sold the trailer."

"Well why the hell would you do that?" I asked turning to face him.

Derek was already half way up. "Because I'm building a house."

I followed Derek up the stairs. "Shouldn't we have talked about this? Maybe I don't want you living here."

He gave me that same look again. "We have a child Meredith. It's good for Emma if I'm here."

I heard Emma start to cry. "Then you know what? Start paying rent because you're no longer allowed to live here for free. We're not a couple and I don't need your help anymore with Emm. Oh here's a bright idea. Go live with Mark."

"Mark brings a different woman home each night. Do you want Emma around that? I think about it."

I hate it when he's right. "Go up to your room."

I began working again two weeks later. All of us new residents received five interns and unfortunately for me, George is one of my five. I mean, at least I don't have to watch him with an eagle eye since I assume he knows what he's doing. But then again, he did fail his exam, so who knows how much he really knows.

I approached Derek as he was talking to Mark because I saw that he had taken Emma out of daycare. I tapped on Derek's shoulder from behind. "Uh excuse me." I smiled when he turned around. "Yeah, hi. Why is my daughter out of daycare?"

"Because she wanted to spend some time with daddy." Derek grinned.

"Hey, Derek, isn't that the woman who was flirting with you at Joe's the other night?" Mark pointed out.

I turned around and saw a brunette woman in light blue scrubs and recognized her as one of Cristina's interns. "Of course she's an intern. Apparently you're only attracted to interns. Just don't go getting another one pregnant. And go put my daughter back in daycare."

I walked away before Derek had a chance to defend himself. I went to find Cristina, and found her with Izzie and Alex in the hallway we always hang out in. They were sitting on a gurney and I plotted myself right beside Cristina. "Your intern is a slut, Cristina."

"Which one?"

"The one with short brown hair." I whined. "She was flirting with Derek."

"You mean number two? She'v been asking around for you; probably knows you're the baby mama; wants you to stay away from her man." She teased.

"You're not helping, Cristina." I said.

"It's not like you're with Derek so why should you care?" Alex asked. "He's going to start fucking other women sooner or later."

"He's Emma's father and I don't want him being with another intern, and go knocking her up while he's at it. And I sure as hell know he better not bring one home or anyone for a matter of fact when he's living with me. He can go on and get his ass out of my house if he wants to do that."

"Derek's in love with you, Mer." Izzie said. "I'm sure her flirting meant nothing."

I crossed my arms. "I'm still mad, and tell your intern to stop asking about me, Cristina. Tell her to stay away from Derek while you're at it."

"You're so jealous." Cristina smirked.

I am jealous, aren't I?

Damn it.

Why does Derek Shepherd have to be Derek Shepherd; an amazing guy and an even more amazing father.

I hate him for making me feel like this; making me be jealous of a dumb intern.

On my way out of the hospital carrying Emma in her car seat, I heard someone shout Dr. Grey. I debated stopping because I didn't want to deal with my idiot interns complaining about the 48 hours they have to work. But I told myself I should be a good superior and see what the idiot wants. I turned around, and at that moment, I regretted it.

I hate myself for trying to be a good doctor.

"I don't know who you are, but what more do you want from me other than my baby's father?" I asked. "You're an intern; practically a baby, and shouldn't be dating nor sleeping with attendings." I stopped myself from talking, and started walking towards the exit.

I stopped when the intern said, "I'm Lexie; Lexie Grey, your sister."

She's my sister...

My so called "sister" flirting with Derek makes all of this worse.