First conversation?

The two women walked into the automat the younger one of the two was scanning her environment, there was soft music playing a few people eating and a couple waitresses, the place was brightly lit and Lorn was still trying to process it all when a cheery burnet walked; almost skipped; to them, "Hey English!," "Hi Angie," it quickly became clear to Lorna that these two women new each other fairly well. Angies eyes then travelled to Lorna "And who's this?," "This is Lorna," Lorna extended her hand cautiously, scanning the burnet in front of her "Hi," "It's a pleasure, I'm Angie Martinelli, Im sure English here has told you a lot about me and if she hasn't give her time she will," Peggy chuckled at that and Lorna gave her a small smirk, "So," Angie continued," I haven't seen you around.. ever, where you from?," "I-" Peggy jumped in before the teen could answer, "She's actually the daughter of  a cousin of mine, i barely new therm but anyways she used to live in New Orleans after her family moved there from Norway a while back. And she'll be staying with me for a little while " Lorna simply nodded and thought "Well Blyat'(shit), that wasn't all in the file,"  "well it's a pleasure to meet you, i love you name by the way," Lorna looked at Angie and gave her a small smile, "Thank you ," she said in a perfect american accent which left Peggy a bit surprised,  "-Miss,"  "so what-" Angie started to say when she was interrupted by a male customer, she took a deep breath and turned to the man "coming!", she turned back to the other two women and rolled her eyes "you know what, how about you sit down and ill be over in a minute," she said as she walked to the man. Lornas jade eyes followed Angies movements and she could tell that she was use to rude customers, she had just met her but she knew Angie was a nice person who had to deal with mean people day in and day out. Peggy was use to seeing Angie deal with rude customers, that didn't mean she liked it, she could tell Lorna didn't like that man either but causing a scene right now wouldn't be the best thing in the world so she snapped out of it and signaled the teen to follow her. 

They sat in the booth Peggy usually sat in, the older woman already knew what she was gonna order but she looked at the menu anyways to make it a bit less awkward, Lorna copied Peggys' movements and grabbed the menu "You can order anything you like, don't worry about the price," Peggy said with out looking up. A couple minutes of silence passed when Angie walked over "so you two ready to order" Peggy looked at Lorna who gave a nod, "Chicken and waffles please", Angie wrote that down "I'll just have my regular, please Angie", "Alrighttt so regular for you english and chicken and waffles for little english coming right up," Peggy gave a a small smile at Angies nicknames and turned to Lorna who was looking at her gloved hands on the table, she had no idea how to speak with a child, teenager well whatever she was Peggy had no experience with it "So, Lorna," Peggy decided to start conversation,  to which the teen reacted by straightning up and looking at Peggy, "I like you hair, the white where you born with it?," Lorna shrugged and simply shrugged and answered "no, um  experiment they did back in Russia," Lorna looked down and she had that look in her eyes that Peggy knew well from the war and herself, when someone gets lost in their memories and she could only guess that the teens memories weren't very nice so she decided to change the subject, "how about we play a game, i ask you a question which you have to answer honestly, if you want to, she added quickly, and then you get to ask me anything you like, hows's that?," Lorna looked at Peggy and wondered what her angle was, probably getting information out of her about Leviathan, which she honestly new almost nothing about, "Sure.. but isn't that you know um.. a conversation," Peggy looked at the teen and chuckled a bit " yeah i guess it is, you can start if you like", Lorna thought for a moment "um you can go, I got nothing," "Alright then," Peggy said resting her arms on the table and "Um lets start simple what's your favourite color?," "Green" Lorna answered almost immediately looking up at the burnet excitingly "i also like black and red.. i guess" she said in a less excited tone, which Peggy noticed, but of course she did she's Peggy Carter she's good at reading people like that, so she spoke softly "greens a very pretty color Lorna, so like bright green, neon green or...," "forest. You know nature green," Peggy gently tilted her head to the side urging the teen to continue, "It has good memories i guess" Lorna said playing with her gloves and biting the inside of her cheek, the older woman looked at the teen closely, maybe she did have a couple more memories after all, she was going to ask Lorna about them but she decided against it, didn't want to overstep and whatnot. Lorna snapped out of her thoughts and shrugged a little, looking up at Peggy who was staring at her with what Lorna would call uncertainty, maybe, "Anyways um whats yours?," Peggy also snapped out of her own thoughts and was relieved that the teen was at least willing to talk to her even if it was something as simple as that, "Well i like red but i also really like blue" she said with a smile, "Blues pretty," Lorna answered, she looked like she was about to say something else when Angie came back with their food.

"Here we are Peggys' regular anddd Lornas chicken and waffles" she said putting down on the table and then putting her hands on her waist, "anything else?," "Thanks Angie, um what flavours of milkshakes to you have today,?" "Im not sure but i'll g...

"Here we are Peggys' regular anddd Lornas chicken and waffles" she said putting down on the table and then putting her hands on her waist, "anything else?," "Thanks Angie, um what flavours of milkshakes to you have today,?" "Im not sure but i'll go and check for you," Peggy smiled and thanked Angie as she walked away, "What flavour is your favorite Lorna," she asked the teen absentmindedly, the teen played around with her food using her fork for a second and then answered "I'm not sure I've never really had one," Peggy mentally scolded herself "of course she hast you bloody idiot where would she get one in the middle of Siberia"  "Right ,would you excuse me for a moment, don't go anywhere  and eat before it gets cold." With that Peggy stood up to talk to Angie while still keeping an eye or Lorna making sure she wouldn't make a run for it. Lorna started eating, she had tried chicken and waffles once before a long time ago with a friend, well really the only friend she's ever had and yep it was just as good as she remembered. Peggy finished talking with Angie and headed back to the table where she saw the teen eating, she seemed to be enjoying her food which made her catch herself  smiling a bit, but she also noticed how Lorna was "protecting" her food and eating fast as if it were gonna be taken away from her and Peggy had a few ideas where that came from so she decided not to say anything, but when she sat back down she almost automatically said "Lorna calm down you don't want to get a stomach ache" the girl looked up and quickly apologized, "Its alright, just be careful alright," to which the kid gave a small nod and both women ate in comfortable silence with Peggy casually glancing at Lorna while Lorna was looking around for any signs of  anything suspicious. 

Once both of them finished eating Peggy walked up to the counter with Lorna on her tail payed and Angie handed them a almost alarmingly large paper bag, "here's what you asked for English, hope you two enjoy" "Thank you Angie we will, se you back there" Lorna gave Angie a small nod of the head and both "carter" women headed out the door waving the waitress goodbye, "Can I ask what that is?," Lorna said as they started walking referring to the bag, "You'll see," Peggy said with a black expression but Lorna could sense amusement maybe or something along those lines. "So Peggy." the older woman hummed to let her know she was listening "where are we going now?," Peggy looked straight ahead and answered "The Griffith."

Sorry if it's sloppy I wrote the second half asleep hahah, tell me what you think and feel free to leave requests and constructive criticism in a comment or message. <3