i can't belive people actually live like this

After telling Lorna the rules of the house Peggy was working on her paperwork while Lorna was sitting on the floor staring at the wall, it was until then when the kid realized how much she hated these clothes, bright, itchy and not what she normally wore on missions, which was probably the only few times where she could wear what she wanted, well mostly but then again her clothes weren't the priority here, the clocktower, not just any clocktower but an abandoned one on the edge of the city that Lorna kind of made into her little layer/hideout, the only place she had ever seen as a home of sorts, the few thing she had there were, some clothes, shoes, weapons of all sorts, some food and most importantly lockhead,

Flashback

A 10 year old Lorna was running through the debris of a bombing back in Russia, the Red Room had sent her to eliminate a target but they had gotten the best of the Room and set a bomb as a trap and a distraction so that her target could escape, the bomb was set in a populated area killing hundreds, she ran until she got to the edge of the impact zone her breath was ragged, she was covered in dirt and blood, there was a loud ringing in her ears, her body hurt from head to toe and yet all she could think about was what the Room would do to her for failing her mission, the little girl fell on her knees and felt something soft against it, she looked down and saw a puppet dragon, it was purple with crimson eyes, a pair of wings and tiny ears, she stared at it for a while and then hugged it to her chest, it was then when she noticed a little note attached to it "To whoever finds him, this is my best friend lock, please take care of him." it was in a childs handwriting, a child who very probably died because of Lorna and the bomb, so she stuffed it in her bag and ran.

End of flashback

"I need to get to the clocktower", yeah good luck with that, she was in a room with one window she could actually use an exit with a very skilled agent (not that she would admit it out loud) on her back, she knew it was gonna be very hard to get out of this situation so she decided to think about something else, Lorna got up from the floor and sat on the couch, she ran a hand over it and suddenly she was a tiny, tinyyyy bit more okey with the fact that she was going to sleep there.

As Lorna was getting lost in her thought again Peggy walked into the room carrying some bed sheets, a pillow and a blanket in a basket. She stopped before fully entering to observe how Lorna touched the couch as if it were something precious or rare, Peggy also noted how often Lorna would get that lost look in her eyes, so she cleared her throat gently and the teen looked up, it was like a switch was flipped, her composure changed immediately, the teen looked defensive and even a little bit intimidating which was odd for being such a little thing, Peggy knew it was going to be hard to balance having authority and still being gentle, she had to remind herself that this wasn't any ordinary kind, she was an extremely dangerous and traumatized assassin who could snap at any moment, "So I brought you some essentials, I can help you put the sheets on the couch if you like and an extra blanket in case you get cold," Lorna looked at Peggy and crossed her arms over her chest "Cold, i was born and raised in Russian winter, I don't get cold" the teen said, her accent slipping a little,  Peggy walked closer and put the basket on the floor while Lorna watched her every move, "Alright little miss feisty, I said just in case you do," Lorna rolled her eyes bit quietly thanked her while bending down to grab the sheets, the older woman did the same "You don't have to, I can do it myself," the teen said "It will be done faster if we do it together, now grab that side and I'll grab this one" Peggy said as she untangled the silk sheets, Lorna let out a breath but did as she was told. A couple minutes later and her make shift bed was done. Peggy turned to Lorna "Alright so, it's been a long day for you and I both so how about you take a quick shower, then I'll go and we'll call it a day", Lorna nodded "works for me", "Good follow me," the teen followed Peggy into the bathroom where the woman showed her where everything was, "Okay Lorna i will leave you to it, i'll find something for you to wear and I'll leave it outside the door," Peggy said closing the door behind her, "oh and don't finish the hot water," she said playfully from outside the bathroom which got a small smirk from Lorna, hot water, well she certainly hasn't had that in a while.