hosp.

I hold onto Stu's hand, waiting for him to wake up. The drugs put him out for a while. I guess I didn't hit somewhere fatal. He's just a quick bleeder. What a little shithead.

My side was sore too, but I refused to lay in bed any longer. Once he wakes, we're getting out of here. School is supposedly out for summer since the killings started (score for us). We're going to leave the state, start a new life.

My dad didn't give a fuck about me. Stu, on the other hand, gave quite the scare to his parents. His plan was telling them that he's gay, get "kicked out", and then leave forever. With me. It's perfect.

I know it'll be hard for him, but he'll get over it. He loves his parents, unfortunately. I see it as having a bad relationship with them rather than no relationship is a win.

We do need to wait a few weeks until we can leave. Doing it so suddenly after this will raise suspicion, so let's not.

"Are we in the clear?" Stu squeezes my hand, making me look up at him with a grin.

"I believe so. Talked to the police, gave them the story. They found her dad this morning. I think the news is already calling it the murders of a psychopath. Singular."

"Good."

"How are you feeling?" My eyebrows push together with slight worry. He had gotten way too pale for my liking by the time we got here.

"Way too sore, but okay. I'll be back on my feet before we know it. Then we can get a move on."

"Damn, that sounds amazing. Just us on the road. I'm excited for it," I smile, smoothing my thumb over the back of his hand.

"Me too, baby. Have my parents come in yet?"

"Yeah, they were here before I got out. Once I got in here, I told them I'd watch over you while they got some clean clothes and things for you. They'll be back in an hour or two."

He hums, closing his eyes and melting back into the bed. I bite my lip, smoothing the back of his hand with my thumb. All the adrenaline had left my body, leaving me exhausted.

"When do you think the police will come?"

"Now that you're awake, it could be anytime soon. The story-" I stop, my grip on his hand tightening. My side is killing me. Sharp pains are running through it, making me aware that the pain medications are wearing off.

"What's wrong?"

I shake my head, breathing through the pain. "Just my side. It's fine." I sit back in my chair, trying to find a more comfortable position.

"Come here."

Glancing toward him, he pats the spot next to him. I shake my head again. "No, I don't want to accidentally hurt you."

"Well you purposefully hurt me, so I don't think it'll do much anymore," he chuckles, tugging on my hand.

I huff, sliding in next to him. "What if your parents-" He clamps his hand over my mouth, sparking an emotion inside of me.

"Don't worry."

I nod, letting him handle me like a doll. He pulls me closer to his chest, careful of our injuries. His hand is left sitting on my hip, cupping it so it fits perfectly.

"Go to sleep. I'll handle my parents and the police for now," he whispers, kissing the top of my head.

Sighing, I close my eyes, letting sleep take me.