home.

I unlock the apartment door, getting a whiff of dust. Let's just say we'll definitely be cozy. Stu lugs his suitcase behind him, throwing it on the floor. I close the door, making sure to lock it behind me even if we were going out again.

When I turn around, I'm suddenly picking up and spun around. Giggles echo through the empty room, brightening up the place. His lips land on mine, his flavor entering my mouth. I smile through the kiss, pulling away and hugging him.

"My parents are going to be here soon with the furniture. Let's look around and get some stuff set up. I'll go back to the car and grab some boxes," he whispers, pecking my cheek and letting me go.

Even if he was right beside me, I always missed his touch. His warmth reminded me of blood. How thick and smooth it was. How it coated my hand so easily and almost stained it.

"Hey," he grasps my chin. "What's up?"

"Nothing," I smile reassuringly. "I'm just happy."

Though we said we were done killing, it didn't mean the urges went away. Sure, last time I had a motive. But the people I killed before Sidney were just for fun. We were able to get so creative rather than just use a knife. Chasing our prey, waiting to feast on it's flesh. That's a feeling I could never forget.

"Alright. You should go open the windows. It's stuffy in here. I'll be right back." He wiggles his eyebrows at the reference, winking at me before disappearing down the complex hall.

I shake my head, wanting the thoughts to go away. I'm happy. I don't want to do something stupid that will make me actually regret it. I'm with Stu and he's all I need to be happy.

We both got a job at the video store in town. The pay wouldn't be amazing, but it would help. Stu's parents agreed to help us out if we ever asked for it. I opened a bank account and put in our savings. We've had this planned for awhile, so we'd be okay for a few months, or perhaps years.

I trail the hallway wall with my hand, turning into what was going to be our bedroom. I go to the window, opening it carefully. I don't know how stable this building is.

Wind blows in, caressing my face. I smile out, seeing trees and the town's small businesses. I rest my head on the windowsill, closing my eyes. We're going to be okay here, I know it.

Welcome home.