leave.

My thighs clench together as he continues holding my chin. He locks our lips together, stealing my breath away. I grasp his upper arm, feeling a sudden weakness in my knees.

"Stu, is-" His mom gasps, forcing us apart in fear. Her eyes are wide and her mouth is open.

"Mom, I can explain-" I barely glance over quick enough to his face to see tears building up.

"Let's sit down for breakfast, okay? Then we can talk with your father." Her smile is wary, but no anger or disgust was expressed.

He nods, following her out of the room. I go after, now awkward that we got caught. His dad is already at the table with a newspaper in hand. He looks up, concern growing when he sees the three of us.

"What's the matter? Someone die?"

"I have something to talk to you guys about," Stu responds, pulling out my chair for me before sitting down himself.

His mom sits stiffly, but says nothing. Stu begins, admitting his attraction toward men and, nonetheless, us dating. The entire time, I was watching his parents' reactions. Neither of them seemed angry or upset that their son was gay. That just made me more scared because of our very recent conversation.

Silence erupts, but his dad is quick to fill it. "Son, thank you for being honest. We... didn't expect this out of you, especially after Tatum."

I inwardly flinch at the mention of her. The time they had been "dating" was the worst. Jealously would spark and I could only watch.

"Sorry, Billy," his mom catches my reaction. "I know she was your friend."

"It's alright, Mrs.Macher."

"Stu, may I ask when this happened? Before or after the... incident."

"Before," he tells truthfully. "I was planning on breaking up with Tatum, but didn't get the chance to. I also... need to tell you this. Billy and I are planning on leaving Woodsboro."

"Jesus, Stu, why? You haven't even graduated yet."

"We can't live here knowing this is where our friends were killed. The memories... I can't stand it. I can't live here any longer. Billy brought up the idea when he noticed me struggling. We'd get a small apartment, get jobs, and go from there."

His parents look at one another, almost discussing what to do with their eyes. Stu grabs my hand under the table, giving me a reassuring look. I nod, smiling softly.

"We support your decision, honey. We should all get out of this horrid town. Billy would be free to live with us, too."

Stu's eyes widen. "No, you can't. You both have friends, family, and work here. Billy and I will come back to visit, but we just want a peaceful life out of here. Together."