urge.

My finger twitches as I lie awake. The streetlights slip in through our curtain covered windows, just barely lighting up the room. I don't know what time it is. I've been lying here for hours, talking with the angel and devil on my shoulders.

Killing was like nicotine. Once you've had a taste, you start getting the urge to go back to it. Get it again. Feel it through your veins.

I can't. Stu and I agreed we'd stop after Sidney. I may be a psychopath, but I love Stu. I don't even want to think about losing him from one small slip up.

One won't hurt. Some drunk walking on the streets. Pull them into an alleyway. No one will see us. It's almost pitch black out. It's a Monday night. Who's going to be out so late? No one important.

Stop it, Bill. You promised. A long, happy life with Stu. That's what you need. Wants aren't as important as needs. Even if you get someone, you won't know their backstory. They could be someone important. They could have a big family. They could... they could. That's all you need to know. They could.

I throw the blanket off if me, tiptoeing out of the room. Slowly, I shut the door, holding the knob so it would click so loud. My bare feet patter against the wood as I head toward our living room.

I grab my lighter and pack of cigarettes. Why would I bother with a coat? Maybe the chill will knock some sense into me. The steps are solid as I go down, not making a noise.

There's a bench right outside the doorway, a glowing vending machine next to it. I sit down, lighting the stick. I breathe in the drug, putting my face in my hand.

What am I doing? I'm willing to risk everything for an urge that's not morally right. I don't give a fuck what's right. I just know that I can't let Stu down. We just got here. We're still letting things cool down back at Woodsboro. Though the police have kind of dropped the case because they think it was Sidney, I had noticed their hesitance with putting her at blame.

My leg bounces with anxiety. I stare out at the parking lot. The entrance of our building faces the other complexes, but our actual apartment windows face the other side.

I take in a long drag, feeling the burn of my lungs. Hurt myself until I can't hurt others. That sounds like the best plan I've ever come up with.

I still have steam to scream off. Maybe I should start boxing. That will help my mental state get soothed. Releasing all of my pent up emotions is what I really need.

Cigarettes can only do so much.