mad.

My side aches when I first wake. I frown, running my hand over the wound. It feels a bit swollen, even if it had been a few weeks. The bruises are still ever so prominent.

Stu hums in his sleep, shifting a bit to get comfortable. His arm never leaves from around me. It's odd how even when unconscious, he continues to love on me.

I stare up at the ceiling, sighing at the uncomfortable weight in my chest. He's telling his parents today. It's July. School is supposed to start in two months and we don't want to wait any longer. We need to get out of here.

It makes sense. Two traumatized best friends skipping town because they watched their other friends get murdered. People will understand why we left.

"Morning," he grumbles, rubbing the sleep out of his face. "How long you been up?"

"Just a few minutes."

"Stu! Stu!" We hear his mom call, sending us into a crazed panic. I roll onto the floor, grabbing a pillow and blanket. We at least wanted to eat breakfast before we get kicked out.

Right as I lay on the floor, his door opens and his mom's head peeks in. "Honey, breakfast is ready. You two come down soon."

"Okay, thanks, mom."

"Thank you, Mrs.Macher."

"You're welcome, boys."

Stu sends me a grin once she leaves. "Well that was surely a wake up call. You hungry?"

"Starving. Let's go down. When, um, when do you want to talk to them? I'll leave then."

He bites his lip. "What if they accept me?"

Sure, we had talked about it before, but I always denied it. I told him they wouldn't. What kind of boyfriend does that?

"Even if they accept you, you still have to act traumatized. Gay, straight, anything. People are effected the same way."

"Yeah, but that'll make me not wanna g-"

"We can always come back. It's not like we're suspects or anything. The case is closed."

Please, don't make me leave you.

"...okay."

"If you don't want to come with me, you don't have to. I don't want to force you."

Please, come with me.

"No, I'm- I'm coming with you. I already said I would. I don't want to leave you by yourself."

I grimace, turning my head away from him. "Don't come with me because you pity me."

"That's not what I meant."

"Yeah, right. I'll just see you later, 'kay? Or not," I roll my eyes, my emotions practically giving me whiplash.

Before I can leave the room, he grabs my arm. "What the fuck is your problem? Sorry that I actually have parents that give a shit about me. They even let you in here. I don't understand why the hell you're still in denial. This is all her mom's fault and your dad's fault. Wasn't Neil's or Syd's. It was theirs."

"Let go of me, Stu!" I hiss, trying to shove him off again and again.

"No! You're going to end up getting us caught because your motives are such shit and you're a fucking psychopath."

"Then why did you help me, huh?" I tear my arm away from him, pushing against his chest. "If you knew, why didn't you tell me? Why didn't you tell me the truth? Why didn't you say anything? Why did you let me do something so irreversible? We could've stopped at Maureen, but you didn't say shit! If you regret it, fine! Turn us in."

"Because it felt good either way. I don't regret it. I did it with you because I love you. You were upset and acted irrationally."

"So you just thought you could let me kill people and leave me with the regret once I finished?" I glare, anxiety filling me as soon as I said regret.

His eyes widen, expression dropping. "You regret it?"

"No! Of course I don't. I loved it. I love it. The reason behind it is just... it made me upset that I let something like that direct my actions. People would've died anyway, but for a better reason."

"Is that why you've been so upset lately? Because you know it wasn't Syd's or her dad's fault? Because you know they didn't deserve the torture you put them through?"

I drop my gaze, silence speaking louder than words.

"Jesus Christ, Billy. Why didn't you tell me? We could've talked it out."

"I... I thought you'd be mad at me. I made you do it, yet I'm the one filled with regret. I made you do something you didn't want to do. At least, that's how it seemed."

His hand grasps my chin, forcing me to look up. "Baby doll, I'd kill for you no matter what. I don't care about the reason. I'll follow you to the ends of Earth."