[END] meal.

It's been a few weeks since the incident. Stu has been by my side each step of the way. I talk to him when I feel the urge build up again. We've come up with a few solutions, but none will ever make me feel that thrill.

That's okay. I don't want to feel it anymore. I tell myself that, at least. It's time that I look forward on our future. We've gotten jobs. We have this small, yet cozy apartment. We've even met some of our neighbors.

We haven't heard anything on the news about our hometown. It's done. One tragedy set to the books and old newspapers. Yeah, people still talk. Where we are, we hear nothing. It didn't travel as far as I had feared it would.

Stu's parents keep in contact. Stu makes dinner as his mom directs him on the phone. I say hi to her every once in awhile. Stu is really the only person I speak with. He is my family.

Maybe I can make friends with people around here. I've never not been a people person. I like being able to go out and enjoy life. Watch horror movies and grab snacks from gas stations.

I'm sure people will come around. I'm sure Stu and I will get even closer. I don't have much else to think about right now. My life is in the making. My old life has been burned away.

Sometimes I dream about that night. Going through the plan. Feeling the warm blood around my fingers. Seeing Stu's lustful eyes. Feeling on top of the world with him at my side.

I blink the memories away, focusing on how the rain was falling outside onto the streets. Pitter patters sound along the window, dancing in my ears. What a beautiful day.

"Ow! Son of a bitch..." I hear my lover shout in the kitchen. I get up, peeking through the doorframe where he was at.

"You okay?"

He looks at me, holding up his hand. A single trail of blood was sliding down his finger.

"Cut myself."

I stare at it, my body getting hot. I step forward, grabbing his hand. Imagine a shark getting the slightest whiff of blood. His pupils dilating at the sweet scent. His mouth watering at the thought of a meal.

"Billy-"

I lick it up, tasting metal and a hint of the tomato he was cutting. His eyes grow wide, but soon he melts into jelly as I start to pull him toward the bedroom. The future can wait.

I need to savor this meal.