2. Lose a Job, Gain a Vacation

Somewhere in the back of her mind, she always knew this day would come. She could not keep doing this all her life. At some point, her conscience would get too frustrated and make her choose.

Values or money?

She chose her values and regretted every moment of it. She lost her job fighting over a piece of grassland for sheeps to graze.

But now what? The sheeps still lost the grassland. Not like her quitting was going to change their mind or something.

Her mother said she was very proud of her and that those immoral rats don't deserve her anyways. Her father assured her that if she never found another job, his convenience store could always use another pair of hands. Misha simply rolled her eyes and declared that she always knew Kiara was lame.

Scott was glad that now that Kiara was jobless, she could play fetch with him whenever he demanded.

'They didn't deserve you anyway' was what Wolf said.

'You sound like my mother'

'Well, she's a wise woman. Also, the pay was shite. So it isn't that much of a loss. You can do so much better'

'Thanks, mom. At this moment, all I am doing is slaving around Scott'

'See? So much better. Maybe it's time to take that break that I have been asking you to'

'Maybe....' Kiara didn't want to admit that he was probably right. Wolf's been telling her that this job wasn't worth the stress over the months that she has been frustrated about the project.

.

That evening, uncle Jasper visited.

"You know Henry would love for you to be a part of Woods & Associates"

"And I will keep insisting that I don't want to work for family, uncle Jasper"

"You won't get special treatment or anything. I promise. They will set up an interview. No direct recruitment" uncle Jasper swore.

"That's not my only concern, okay? I don't want to be surrounded by family at work. I have started forwarding my CV to companies. I'm sure I will find something soon" Kiara told him firmly.

"She said the same thing to me when I offered for her to work at my store" her father nodded.

"Fine" uncle Jasper sighed "Now that you finally have some time, why don't you come stay with us for sometime. Hazel's been missing you"

"What about me?" Misha yelled "You never ask me to visit you" she accused.

"You are of course coming, Misha. Why else do you think I visited today? You are going to spend every single day you have until you start college with me"

"Does anyone want to ask me before making plans in this house anymore?" their mother didn't seem too fond of the conversation happening around her.

"I am eighteen, mom. You can't tell me what to do anymore" Misha smirked.

"I can kick you out of my house now that you are eighteen and not be charged with child neglect. How wonderful does that sound?" Their mother replied.

"Okay! Fine. I suppose I need you for a couple more years" Misha conceded "So, can I go or what?"

"Yes, Misha. I can't wait for a few Misha-free weeks"

"Umm... Do I really have to go?" Kiara asked hesitantly "It's not like I don't like it there, uncle Jasper, but I don't think I am in the right frame of mind at the moment. What if I am rude to your family while I go through one of my fits?"