14. Cheetos and Ice-creams

"I don't need to test out other options. That's very demeaning" Matt frowned

"When you say it like that...." She knew he was intentionally twisting her words just like he was twisting his cousin's situation. There was no getting through the guy's defenses. Lucky for her, she didn't have to "But like you said, you do you. As long as your partner is okay with your ways..." she shrugged, leaving it to that. She just wanted to be done with this conversation.

"What if she isn't" he wasn't ready to let it go "She is a human. She could think like you"

"Or she could think like uncle Jasper" she smiled pulling the folder he brought towards herself, eager to move things along "Think positive. Now let's look at 1930, then we go to the book"

"What if she thinks like you?" he pushed.

Kiara huffed, raising her eyes to look at him "You sound like you already know what she thinks about it. Did you meet her?"

"Yeah! how else would I know that she is a human" he made 'duh' face.

"Right. I didn't think. Not used to thinking your way" She moved her hand about to express how confusing this all was to her "If you already met her, then what's the problem? Just sit down with her and solve the issues you have"

He fidgetted. Opening the book, he turned the pages randomly, just to find something to do with his hands "She doesn't know yet" he replied "I don't know how she will react. I have been putting off telling her. She is the most important person in my life. I don't want to mess it up"

And suddenly, the cocky guy was nowhere to be found. He sounded so nervous, Kiara had to pity the guy "Just talk to her. I mean, look at you, you are a catch, really" she smiled encouragingly "You are sincere and hardworking, the good genes definitely wouldn't hurt. Just be you, maybe a little less rigid. Tell her how much this means to you. Maybe find some qualities to like about her and tell her...."

"She's perfect" He interjected immediately, offended "I love everything about her"

Kiara grimaced, she spoke too soon. If the guy went to a human behaving like this, he would surely be put away with a restraining order. "Now, you know that's not true. Its your soulmate thing speaking"

"Well, there are things we don't agree on" He agreed reluctantly "She is a bit bossy..."

"See!" she nodded encouragingly.

"But's that's because she is my Luna. She balances me. She will have to rectify all my shortcomings"

"And who is going to rectify her shortcomings?" she raised a hand when he started to speak "Don't tell me she has no flaws. That's how toxic relationships work. You have to know how silly that sounds"

"So I'll just tell her when I think she is wrong" he nodded "Even though her flaws are meant to adjust to my flaws perfectly. That's why we are mates. That's why we are meant to be" he smirked, like he finally had the upper hand "You just explained a human relationship to me, maybe it's time for me to explain a werewolf relationship to you"

"Have you ever been in a werewolf relationship?" she asked

"Have you ever been in a human relationship?" he asked back in the same tone.

She blinked "Well, my uncle seems to gossip a lot about me"

"It wasn't uncle Jasper. You just have a tell" he said.

"What kind of tell" It had to be uncle Jasper, or maybe Hazel let it slip somehow.

"The practical kind. You sound like you have never given in to your desires before. You sound like a person who doesn't know what its like to lose control of your feelings, to be irrational and stupid in love. I might not know much about humans, but I know that they love like that too"