18. Deviating from the family legacy

Kiara woke up next morning to a bouquet of flowers, the sheer size of it told her who the sender was without her having to look at the card sticking out of the display of red in front of her.

'I am so sorry. I know you won't believe me, I swear I promised myself that I won't seek you out unless you reach for me. I just lost it last night. Watching you be so open and happy with your friends made me crave your company. It was selfish of me. I was wrong. I would have loved to apologize in person but I know you don't want to see me. So, here's me hoping you won't hate me for last night. I promise it won't ever happen again'

Yours'

Kiara looked at the flowers in front of her, then to the card in her hand, hopelessly. Millie, Mrs. Hill's grumpy cat, meowed to grab her attention and then proceeded to side eye the bouquet judgmentally. It was blocking her path. The audacity of the flowers to be in her hallway.

"Of course, Ma'am" she nodded at Millie and started pushing the bouquet into her apartment. It was heavy. It should have come with wheels. Although, she did notice that the size of the bouquet was such that it fit her door just right. Like it was made with that careful consideration. She wondered if she will ever be in a normal environment with the guy to inform him that she doesn't particularly care about flowers.

The flowers took a week to wither.

Kiara looked at them every morning before she left for work and every evening she returned. She watched it from her couch all weekend.

Sunday evening, after disposing of the flowers, she called her sister.

"I think I am going to do something stupid. Talk me out of it"

"Are you finally gonna hire an escort and get rid of that v-card?"

"You think I need to pay someone to have sex with me?"

"Duh! You need to be spontaneous about it or the wolves will ruin it" That was actually a very good point "They will probably kill the guy after. But that's not on you"

"Oh my God! Misha" Why did she expect sanity from her sister? "That's not the point and that would totally be on me. I could never do that to someone. Which brings me to my point. I was thinking....."

"Don't give in to the bullies" Misha cut her off.

"How did you know I was gonna?"

"That's the only stupid thing in your life. Everything else is pretty boring" Misha replied "Listen, you deserve a choice. You deserve to kiss a hundred frogs before finding your prince on your own terms. And it's sad that you haven't yet kissed one of those hundred frogs. This forced forever situation isn't what soulmates should be. If it was meant to be, it would happen no matter what"

"I know. I find it ridiculous too. But this situation, it's really hurting him and I...."

"You suddenly care for him?"

"My life is at a standstill, Misha. It's not just about him"

"And you are only allowed to move on with him" she hummed.

"Yes"

"It's a horrible grown up compromise I hope I never have to make coz I would have kicked every single one of them in their nuts so they couldn't reproduce again and make more nutjobs"

"I'll just talk to him. Nothing more"

"You miss talking to him, don't you?"

"What? No! I don't even know the kid......guy. I should probably stop calling him a kid"