21. Of the sun and the moon.

"He has an upset stomach" was Kiara's explanation once she returned with the promise of meeting Matt as soon as she could get rid of her parents.

"You have a bathroom" Her mother pointed out.

"He is very shy"

"That makes sense" her father commented "He looked red in the face when he left. I thought he was angry. But that didn't make sense. We were talking about Scott's shampoo. Why would that make him angry?" He nodded solemnly "He was trying to hold it back"

"Okay. Are we done talking about him?" She slumped into one of the couches, pulling Scott with her "I have this get together I have to attend in an hour"

"Is Adrian going to be there?" Her mother asked

"Is Adrian the reason for your surprise visit?"

The "No!" came from her father followed by a guilty "Maybe" from her mother.

"Okay! I have a confession" she declared "I didn't want to do this so soon but you guys are forcing me...."

"We are not forcing you into anything. We are just worried....."

"Dad!"

"You are almost thirty"

"Thank you mom! How else would I know this most obvious fact?"

"Baby..."

"I am seeing someone" she yelled. Honestly, she needed a break from this day.

"That's great news, Kia" Her mom rushed to embrace her "Why didn't you tell us sooner? We were so worried" she said, kissing her cheek.

"I didn't want to tell you guys because you would prematurely celebrate like you are doing now" she pointed at her mother's grin "It's very very new, Mom. It might not last. I don't even know if it's what I want"

"Is it Adrian?"

She rolled her eyes at her dad "No. Of course not"

"Is he better than Adrian? Because I tell you, you haven't seen the guy pick up a pumpkin with one hand"

"I know Adrian is great, dad. He is my friend, remember?"

Her dad shrugged "Just inform me if this one doesn't last"

"Okay" she nodded "Can I go get ready now? You guys are staying right?"

"Yes. We can go visit you nana together tomorrow"

"Sounds like a plan"

She left her parents to discuss if the new guy was better than Adrian's pumpkin carrying golden arm.

.

He took her to watch Scream.

"Really?" was all she could huff out.

Matt had shrugged "It has to be horror for it to be a romantic date"

So, they bought popcorn and coke, Matt living his highschool dreams and went in to watch a horror movie like a bunch of teens straight out of a romcom.

Kiara could feel his gaze on her the entire time. Halfway through it he leaned towards her and asked "Does this not scare you?"

"No" she said, munching on some corn. "Why?"

"Well, my romance was banking on you being scared" His tone was almost accusing "You should have said something"

She turned to frown at him "I did say something. I said 'Really?', remember?"