4. Always at your service, Madam

The morning after they arrived, Misha decided she didn't know enough about the town. All Kiara wanted to do was sleep the morning and hopefully the afternoon away. She was still not over the headache from last evening's dinner. Hazel, however, agreed with Misha and Kiara had no choice but to tag along.

So, they had a quick breakfast with uncle Henry who had a meeting to go to and let uncle Jasper sleep in. It was a Saturday after all. They decided that the town was small enough for their feet to carry them wherever they wanted to go. Uncle Henry went to the garage for his car while the girls stood in the patio, soaking up the morning sun.

"Now, you already know this is uncle Jasper and Henry's place" Hazel started.

"That" she pointed to the house next door, there wasn't even a fence dividing the houses, only little shrubs "Is aunt Jane and uncle Eric's, because you know, uncle Henry and uncle Eric can't start their day without....."

"Oh, hey girls!" It was uncle Eric still in his pajamas, his glasses dangling dangerously by the edge of his nose, grinning and waving at them from where he was leaning over his balcony, his body ready to fall off any moment with how far he was leaning "Where are you off to?"

Kiara and Misha waved back. Hazel sighed "I am taking them on a tour of the town, uncle Eric"

"Walking? That pompous sloth of an uncle of yours is too busy to drive you around himself?"

"We chose to walk, uncle Eric" Kiara told him awkwardly.

"Of course you would say that. But look at that vulture" he pointed at uncle Henry moving his car "He is dragging my son, my only poor baby, mind you, with him, to one of those stupid meetings where they just sit and nod, on a saturday. It's a saturday and my poor son has no time to spend with his old, dying parents"

The door behind him opened and out walked uncle Eric's son. In his fitted and ironed blue suit, a clean face with chiseled jaws, he thankfully looked nothing like a poor baby, Kiara noted. Really, she should have been over how good looking the Woods were, she grew up with uncle Henry around. She was certain she never met Jason because he wasn't around in the handful of times Kiara visited, off to study or an internship, but really, Kiara would have remembered meeting someone like that. He wasn't even there at the dinner the previous night, his parents were.

"Dad, at least brush your teeth before starting your drama with the neighbors" Jason said as he walked past his father towards where uncle Henry was parked. He waved at the girls as he climbed the passenger side of uncle Henry's car.

"Listen to your son, Erica" uncle Henry yelled as he drove away "He is the only sane thing that ever came out of any part of your body. Brush your teeth"

"He is lying" uncle Eric swore "I brushed my teeth"

"We trust you" Hazel nodded like she really did. She didn't. None of them did "Come on girls. Let's get this show on the road"

"Have a good day" uncle Eric waved happily "Tell Anna I has indigestion after I ate her awful scones" he called after them.

"What was that about?" Misha asked.

"Nothing," Hazel rolled her eyes. "It's their morning routine"

"They are cousins and also best friends" Kiara explained. Misha was never really allowed to visit Bluewood so she knew less than Kiara did.

"There are too many people in your family" Misha told Hazel.

"Oh be thankful you aren't meeting all of them. The grandparents all migrate to the north during summer to spend some quality time with each other without the kids eating their brain cells. So that's ten people less to meet" Hazel winked at Misha.