Episode 31: Power Display

It is now coming closer to the end of the training arc for our heroes. It has been such an immense struggle to achieve and grow their strength even for Akio himself but it was worth it to get to where they are now. Will the Spirits have what it takes to make Akio transform? Only time will tell.

*SMBZ Trigun: Blue Summers plays* 

Akio is sleeping with Reine in the bed again but he's having difficulty sleeping as he's having a very bad night terror. He sees a silhouette of himself around fire and destruction and the silhouette of himself roars and starts punching and kicking. He wakes up in first person in a fright and sees everything shaking in his vision and slightly red and his voice is faint and he looks at his hands. Reine gets startled and she sees him shaking as he looks at his hands.

Reine: Huh? What's happening?

Akio: W-What is going on?

Akio lunges up out of bed and looks in the mirror at himself in a panic stumbling over everything. It wakes everyone up and they jump out the bed to see what's going on. He looks to see himself with red eyes while he feels a sudden dark surge of sinister terrifying energy and sees the silhouette he saw in the dream looking back at him with a blank expression and its eyes turn red slowly and it screams. Akio freaks about and shrieks in fear like Po in Kung Fu Panda when he looks at the Dragon Scroll for the first time and has his back against the wall. Shido and the others heard him and rushed into the room in a panic as Tohka and everyone else looked in curiosity. Shido bursts into the room with Kotori.

Shido: Are you alright?!

Akio is seen slightly trembling on the wall with his back against the wall on the floor with his eyes still red as he looks at Shido and Kotori but then they fade back to normal once he sees them. Akio looks at them terrified and confused.

Kotori: What happened?

Akio: I..I don't know.. I..saw something.. terrifying... in.. in my sleep.. and.. I saw it again in reality..

Kotori: I..I see..

Akio is seen back in his room with Reine with the others surrounding them in the bedroom as he sits at the foot of the bed.

*Music cuts* 

Shido: What's going on with you and these weird night terrors Akio?

Akio: ...I.. I don't know.. They've been pretty bad. So much so that I'm getting sleep deprivation again..

Yoshinon: Isn't this the 7th time this happened?

Yoshino: I..I think so..

Yuzuru: Suggestion. Akio should rest for today.

Shido: Yeah, you've been doing enough lately. You should take a breather.

Akio: No.. I'm afraid I can't do that..

Tohka: Eh? Why?

Akio: Because... we came here to train. Time is running slim and we don't have that much of it left. I'll keep focusing on my training and you guys should too.

Kurumi: But.. Akio.. you'll be in trouble if you do that.

Miku: Agreed. You can't train and be sleep deprived at the same time.

Akio: ..I'm fine. I will be anyway. If I go to bed, I might be woken by another night terror so resting is ultimately fruitless.

He gets up from the bed and walks towards the door.