Chapter 17

Percy POV

"So like, who is Atlanta?They sound badass, but who are they? And what boar did they slay?"

I quesioned, but no one replied.

After a bit of everyone sat in the quiet silence, Annabeth said

"Why was that prophecy so direct? Usually the prophecies are hard to see through, and it sometimes even take years to uncode."

"Maybe the gods just really want Harold dead, they wouldn't be the only ones" I give a side eye to Harold, to see him fidgeting with his fingers, he certainly doesn't look like he has just been given a death quest.

"Harold, why aren't you more, I dunno- scared?"

"I mean you've been on worse quests right? So if all I need to do is kill an undead boar, can't be that hard."

Harold POV

(Short rewind like 5 minutes beforehand)

I was sort of listening to they're conversation, but I was mostly thinking about Skyler, to be honest she wasn't my type. I'd rather have a strong- quick witted girlfriend rather than a shy, quiet one. Scratch that, I've just had a brilliant idea, I can make Annabeth jealous! If I get a girlfriend and she saw me being all lovey-dovey with them then she'd be crawling back to me! I tune back into the conversation after I hear Annabeth start to talk.

"Harold, why aren't you more, I dunno- scared?"

"I mean you've been on worse quests right? So if all I need to do is kill an undead boar, can't be that hard."

"PFFFT You think this is gonna be easy? You have 0 experience in sword fighting, last week you somehow got unarmed by a sac of potatoes, I don't think you should be that optimistic."

Percy always gets under my skin, no matter what he does. So based solely on my anger I replied

"Well I can take a small group of people right? So I'll take Annabeth and my girlfriend!"

Everyone looked at eachother and burst out laughing, for whatever reason. 

"You don't get to decide who goes on the quest with you dimwit. We all have to agree, and since this isn't that major of a quest, the only consequence is YOU dying which doesn't really matter, we could totally let you go alone." Clarisse said

Percy looked at her and just grinned.

"Okay,okay just,  let's do this tomorrow I'm tired and don't want to see Clarisse beat Harold up."

When everyone left, something hit me I needed someone to be my girlfriend just in case I could take two people, the first person would obviously be Annabeth and then a girlfriend. The person who would be my girlfriend would be obvious. I simply needed to find her.