A Funny Feeling...

Why was Jacob talking to him? I wasn't quite sure. I didn't know much about Jacobs life he was very quiet. People know about these mysterious assassin twins that are the leaders of the rooks but i suspect that Jacob and Evie are those twins. I don't tell anyone though. I know it's supposed to be a secret. I walked over to them slowly as Jacob caught my eye. He whispered to Abberline and he walked away. Jacob came over to me.
"why hello there Mr. Smith. I gotta say, your fighting skills are amazing. Where did you learn?"
"Cheers sir, well i taught myself really haha. Can i say that you really killed it in there tonight. Thank you for fighting with me."
"my pleasure, you actually made it exciting. Everyone else is crap"
"Really? I think they would have killed me."
"Don't worry i got your back"
Crap. My face felt red again. I saw Jacob looking at my face.
"hey, are you free tonight?" I asked him.
His sarcastic smirk always gets me.
"well, i do have some things to do.. but i always have time for people like you."
People like me? Well that was certainly something. I liked that. I gave him a half smile and then moved closer to him. Him and Evie were about 5'6 ft tall. I was 5'5 so i was slightly smaller than him but i didn't care. He and Evie were around 21 years old. I was 20. I whispered in his ear.

"I live on 12 Brick Lane. In Lambeth. Pop round when you want. Jacob." I winked at him and he pushed me away.

"Woah. Steady yourself. Back up."
Maybe i was wrong about him. I felt embarrassed.
I had to go because i had work to go to. I walked away and said "good day sir" as i walked off. I said it all quietly. I felt so embarrassed in that moment that i completely forgot how late i was to work. When i arrived my boss was not happy at all. He was tapping his foot and he had coal all over him. He worked for me while i was gone? Wow. I feel so bad. "Sir i'm so sorry i was late i was just well i got caught up in the fight club and-"
"i know what happened. Everyone was there. You fought against Jacob Frye? And WON?"
"yes sir i-"
"wow i have never been so proud of you in my life."
i never had a dad or a mum because they died when i was young but that didn't matter. My boss was like a dad to me. He treated me like a son. And hearing him say those words made me so happy.
"you mean it?"
"yeah of corse! you work hard for me and never expect that much money in return. Come here."
He held out his hands for a hug and i embraced it well. Today was the weirdest day ever.. so far?