Crawford Starrick

Jacob was busy again. He wasn't at the train and he wasn't anywhere i was. Understandable. He really didn't want to see me or speak to me at all. I was on my way to work again because i had been so busy i forgot i still had a job. When i had got there, my boss was singing to himself. He looked extremely happy.
"Hey sir, what are you so happy about?"
"Oh James! You wouldn't believe it! I am engaged!"
"Wow! Who to sir?"
"Violet Smith!"
That was my Auntie. Oh shit. "Wow sir looks like you are going to be my Uncle!"
"Wait. She's your auntie?"
"yes"
"Wow. Well i never knew. That makes it even better, i always wanted you to be part of my family and now you are."
"So, should i call you uncle from now on Sir?"
"Whatever suits you"
"Ok Uncle William. What do you want me to do today?"
"I will have to get used to that."
This took away the stress from Jacob hating me at least. I worked as hard as i could that day, i wanted to do it for him. Then it was getting late once again and i started heading home. I felt this weird sensation that someone was watching me. It was very strange. It can't be Maxwell Roth again. But who else? Never the less i got home and head up my stairs and into bed. It was only when i drifted off to sleep and started to dream about being rich when a sound awoke me. It sounded like a loud bang. Startled, I got out of bed and creeped around the corner, nothing. So i headed back to bed again. 'Strange' I thought. I was slightly creeped out. Then i woke up again, but this time my neck was bleeding, someone attempted to kill me. HOW was i still alive? WHAT ON EARTH WAS I GOING TO DO? I saw the figure crawl out my window, it was only then did i get a flash of his face in the street lamp. It matched the big picture i saw back in the train, the one that all the little pictures were leading up to. Why is everyone trying to kill me? What have i done wrong? It can't be that they are trying to upset Jacob because he doesn't even care about me.. right? Well i couldn't scream and i tried not to panic. I thought i was going to die all alone. Well this is it. Goodbye world. Everything went black. Jacob came running down the street on a horse. He climbed up my wall and through the window. He shouted "NO NO NO! I WAS TOO LATE!" and panicked as he ran over to me. He checked my pulse, my heart was still beating. I was still alive. He grabbed my body and carried me all the way to the Lambeth Asylum. He ran in there to all the nurses, whilst crying, dropped my body on one of the beds and shouted at the nurses. "DO SOMETHING! PLEASE!" Luckily i wasn't cut too deep so it was reparable, and somehow they saved me. What a miracle to say the least. A day later i opened my eyes to see a tired Jacob by my side. He hadn't slept at all since i got there and he never left my side. I was tired and couldn't speak properly but Jacob spoke to me.
"It's ok. It's ok i'm here i'm here. God i've been so stupid. I let you down."
"w-"
"Don't speak you idiot"
I did as i was told. I stared at him, i tried not to cry. Seeing him like that made me want to hug him but i couldn't. I was too weak.
"go back to sleep ok i am not leaving you. Not again. Please James, for me"
I soon drifted off to sleep. I had a lot to talk about when i was awake. A LOT! It had been about an hour. When i opened my eyes a nurse was feeling my neck. I couldn't remember how i got there.

I looked to the right again to see Jacob still sat there, eyes wide open. He really was not leaving my side. I heard the nurse say
"Sir, you do not have to stay here you know"
"i am staying" He managed to say.
"ok" She replied.
Why did he want to stay here? Why?
Soon another hour had passed and i woke up more. Jacob was still there, awake. He refused to sleep.
"Jacob?"
"yes, James are you ok"
"Jacob i'm fine i want to know why you are still by my side"
"Because i can not leave you"
"Why?"
"I was too late. This is all my fault i didn't get to you in time. God damn it. I hate myself. Do you remember what happened?"
"Barely, who is the picture in your train. The big one"
"The man who tried to kill you. Crawford Starrick"
"I see, WHY?"
"Lower your voice. You see... Crawford Starrick was the owner of Starrick Industries and, by 1868, the Grand Master of the British Rite of the Templar Order in London."
"Oh dear. Anything else you know about him?"
"He was responsible for the political and economic corruption that London was suffering in that year."
"Oh my god."
"He is an evil man. We hate him. He wants the apple of eden and to rule the world with it. We need to destroy him. And we have a plan. However i found out that last night he was planning to kill you but i didn't get there fast enough. Luckily because he was in a rush he didn't finish the job. I don't know how you survived."
"Thank you so much"
"For what?"
"Staying here and saving my life"
"Saving your life?"
"i would have been dead if you didn't get there when you did."
"ah i see."
"What is your plan?"
"We are going to speak to someone who can help us get into this ball. And Starrick is going."
"Who is this person?"
"That i cannot tell you yet. The plan isn't fully done and i'm not spilling secrets."
"Fine."
"Listen i have things to do so i will see you later."
"Ok"
"You will be ok?"
"yes Jacob"
"Good day" Jacob stood up and attempted to run but his legs wouldn't let him so he walked slowly to the exit. Poor man. Does he love me? Has he figured things out yet? I don't know. I don't think i will know. And what happened to Roth?