Rest in piece.

Once i had gotten to my house i saw that Jacob had gone. I collected all of my things and got ready to head to the train station. I would leave London without saying goodbye to Jacob because i knew if i didn't he would stop me. Once i had gotten on the train i felt a note in my pocket. I carefully opened it to reveal

"My dearest James,

I shall miss you but if this is what you want then so be it.

Love, Jacob."

I felt a tear form in my eye. I closed the letter and fell asleep. I had decided to go and live with my only friend who i hadn't seen in years. Surely he'd welcome me. It had been 2 hours and i'd finally got to my destination. As i was heading to my friends house i kept seeing Jacob's face amongst the crowd. I shrugged it off as nothing. My mind was playing tricks on me.

I got to my friends house and knocked on the door. He slowly opened it with a shocked look on his face. "James?" He spluttered. "Is it really you?"

"Who else would it be Alfred!" He hugged me tight and welcomed me inside. His house had changed a lot since i last saw it. He'd replaced the paint on his walls with a dark red. He'd also bought a grandfather clock to go in his living room.

"Come, sit down." I placed myself on his chair and he made me some tea. We had a long catch up all night until he went to sleep. I did the same. The next day he introduced me to his new friends he'd met and took me to where he works. I saw all around his village, it was really nice. I stayed there for a year until one morning a letter was delivered to me. I opened it.

"SHIT. ALFRED! I GOT TO GO!" I ran as fast as i could to the train station.

"Goodbye James." The letter read.

The day i received that letter my life changed. From there i went back home, what i saw could never be removed from my mind. I was sat on the train shaking my leg. My eyes glanced around the room. I felt a cold feeling pass through me as i checked my pocket watch. It had been 20 minutes.

"HURRY UP!" I shouted. Faces turned towards me as I screamed at the top of my lungs. The conductor grabbed my arms and dragged me away. He shook me and held me still telling me to breath. Eventually i'd calmed down, my head was weak. Before I knew it i'd passed out and awoke in a hospital back in London where i'd lived. I pulled the sheets off me and ran to the door, the nurses tried stopping me but i wasn't having it. I ran as fast as my bare feet could take me until i stopped outside my old house. I tried opening my creaky door but it was no use. I resorted to banging it with my shoulder until it burst open. I sped up the stairs to my bedroom and turned the handle on the door. It was locked. Then i heard a deafening bang.

"JACOB!" I cried banging on the door as hard as i could. No response. I started to kick it whilst screaming his name. The door came crashing down and time slowed down. I fell to my knees. The blood dripped off the side of my bed. The gun slipped from his fingers and clattered onto the wooden floor. The body lay there motionless. I scrambled to my feet and tumbled to his bedside. "Jacob.." I stuttered. My eyes drifted towards the gun placed on the floor. My fingers wrapped themselves around the trigger as i held it up.

"JAMES NO DONT!" a raspy voice shouted behind me. The voice startled me causing me to pull the trigger, i fell to the floor. The voice rushed over to me shouting at me but i couldn't hear him. My eyes shut.

"James? JAMES!" I jumped awake, yet this deafening sound ringed in my ear.

"What's going on?" I mumbled.

"You-sjeudhdwuuf- hello?-:ddu"

"What?" Something had seriously gone wrong. I pushed him off me and reached over to Jacob. I stared at his eyes fading. They still looked beautiful. I retreated back to my original position and a sudden pain hit me in the ear. My hands reached for my ear, it wasn't there. I pulled my hands back into view and blood poured off my hands. That's when I realised what i'd done.