Chapter 20

Adrianna's POV :

After I had my little flashback Nico stayed for a little bit and tried to get to know my family who all seemed really guilty. It seemed as we all bonded and I think the triplets are warming up to me a little bit but who knows what goes on inside their heads. 

"Adrianna we are having an important business dinner tonight, so can you stay in your room," my father suddenly announced while he looks at me. His eyes seem like they are pleading for me to agree to this yet my mind is wondering why.

"What do you do for business?" I question my family who all grow quiet, I already know they are the Italian mafia, I just want to see what lie they come up with, it's clear they don't trust me. I mean it isn't hard to tell even if you are an innocent to the underworld.

"We own clubs, restaurants, and hotels" my older brother's voice speaks up. I nod letting them think I believe them and watch as they all let out a breath of relief. Dumbasses.

I make my way upstairs and head to my room, even though it's only 5.30 pm I thought I would just get out of their way early. Some part of me feels a little sad they have to lie to me about what they do, they took me in claiming they are family yet they barely act like it.

Most of the triplets friends also left but Diego stayed, he seems Spanish so he might be connected to the Spanish mafia but I am uncertain until I research it.

I lay down on my bed and turn on Netflix flicking through shows until I find Teen Wolf, I can't believe I am already on season 4, I nearly cried when she died but I didn't because well I am a heartless bitch.

I turn it on when my door opens revealing Diego. I raise my eyebrow as he comes and lays down on my bed next to me.

"Go on a date with me" to say I am stunned would be crazy, I have no words. I look at him with a slight glare as I weigh up my options.

"Please, I think you are really hot and I just want a chance, I date that's it" he is almost begging. My mind is hardly able to contain my thoughts that are all running wild. I don't date. I don't do love and romance. I don't do this.

"Fine" my mind explodes in confusion as a mutter words I didn't want to. The thought of going on a date is not me, so why did I say yes.

He leans over and kisses me on the cheek with a big smile before heading out and going back downstairs, I turn back to the TV confused by the encounter I just had, and wonder if the family stuff is messing with my mind.

Hours pass and I slowly come back to consciousness, I look at the time and see it's already 8.30 pm. I must have fallen asleep. Grabbing my headphones I put them in and put on one of my playlists that always makes me sing aloud. Surprisingly I actually can sing and have quite a good voice even if I hardly ever do it.

My stomach rumbles so call McDonald's to deliver some food and then I slip out of bed and start making my way downstairs singing the song that suddenly came on.

"Put your loving hand out, baby
I'm beggin'

(Beggin') Beggin'
Put your loving hand out, baby
(Beggin') Beggin' you
Put your loving hand out, baby

Riding high when I was king
Played it hard and fast 'cause I had everything
Walked away, won me then
But easy come and easy go and it would end

(Beggin') I'm beggin' you
Won't you give your hand out, baby?
(Beggin') Beggin'
Put your loving hand out, baby

I need you to understand
That I tried so hard to be a man
The kind of man you'd want in the end
Only then can I begin to live again

An empty shell I used to be
Shadow of my life is hangin' over me
Broken man that I don't know
Will leave it standing, devil's dancing with my soul

(Beggin') Beggin' you
Won't you give your hand out, baby?-"

The sound of a voice coughing is heard over my music and singing and I look up to find about 14 eyes all on me, my family all had a look of annoyance while Diego had a look of amusement. He was sitting next to 3 people who all shared similarities, I'm guessing his family and 2 other people also were staring straight at me both with amusement floating around on their faces. I have to say one of the guys looked to be around 19 or 20 years old and looked hot as fuck, he had tattoos dancing up his arms to his neck as well as a piercing on one of his ears.

"Sup" I greet everyone and continue to the fridge to grab some food. I look and see nothing interesting so I just wait for my McDonald's to arrive.

"We told you to stay upstairs" my dad's voice speaks up and I spin around from the fridge to look at him.

"Yep well I was hungry so I'm downstairs now" he sighs in annoyance at my reply as the doorbell rings.

I run out of the room to go answer it and make my way back in carrying many boxes of chicken nuggets. I might have ordered 5 boxes of 20 meaning I have 100 chicky fuckin nuggies.

"Adri can I have one" my twin yells as he sees me at the opening of the kitchen? I look at him with a confused face, in what universe have I ever shared a chicken nugget.

"Fuck no, mine" I grit out causing the hot guy to chuckle slightly.

"This is my daughter Adrianna" I smile slightly at all the faces and put the food on the counter to grab some ketchup.

"Where did you get that necklace?" A deep voice says slowly from across the table. I look up and see the hot guy staring directly at me with a vicious look on his face, almost as if he was about to kill me.