Chapter 25

Adrianna's POV :

I decided to head for a walk, I've spent the past few hours sitting at a park down the road from my house thinking about what my dad said.

He thinks that I am a slut for sleeping for 1 person, one person I have spent my life loving. A person who knows nearly all of my secrets.

However, some things I haven't told anyone, that day I begged Aiden to stab me to get out of beatings was a happy day for me. I helped him when we got out though Dan found us, he looked after us and me he treated me as his little girl, his daughter.

He was the best father I have ever had and at that time the first father I remember. He took me to the hospital as all my injuries were worse. That's where I found out that that stab wound that helped him live made me unable to conceive. I can never have kids, I can never give an heir.

I never told anyone, the thought of telling them that secret seems too hard. I might not act like I want children or like them apart from Charlie, he is an exception, but I do. I always wanted my own baby. To give a life that would be the best, to make them happy to give a life I wanted.

I pull my coat tighter as the cold air nips at my skin, I look into the distance and see a hill that overlooks the beauty of Italy. I start making my way towards it, maybe I have just found my place.

I keep walking as my phone starts ringing, pulling it out I see it's my dad calling. I ignore the call but send a quick text saying I am fine. The anger has subsided a little. I grab my headphones out of my pocket and put them in playing some music to make my walk more interesting.

I reach the bottom of the hill and begin my climb, I get to the top relatively quickly and find a seat on the ground by a large tree. I lean my back against the tree taking a deep breath. I don't cry, I don't like showing emotions but sometimes tears just want to spill down my face.

I don't know how I am here right now, I don't know how I am breathing, I don't know how I fight my demons every day.

My phone starts ringing again and I glance at the caller this time. Aiden. I don't know how he is fine after everything we went through. He acts like it never once bothers him while I can never sleep due to haunted memories or a little word that will cause a flashback.

I answer the phone and put it on speaker, continuing to look at the view of Italy.

"Where are you" his voice speaks up through the phone.

"Just out" I muttered trying to fight thoughts that want to wiggle their way into my mind, thoughts that will either break me more or truly turn into the monster he made me.

"You're family and I are waiting for you for dinner. Spanish is also here," he mutters through the phone. I have no idea why he's there after what my dad just said.

I nod my head before realizing he won't be able to see me and chuckle slightly.

All of a sudden a gunshot rings out through the silent air hitting my shoulder causing me to groan in pain.

"Adrianna what's going on" Aiden's voice fills the air. I spin around ignoring his shouts and calls for my family while searching the darkness for the figure.

A cold metal blade is pressed against my neck before the butt of a gun is smashed over my head and darkness invades my vision.

Aiden's POV :

I arrive at Adrianna's house for a dinner I was invited to. I knock on the door and a guard opens, so I just walk in till I find everyone located in the lounge.

I notice the Spanish's second son, Diego glaring daggers at me but I just choose to ignore it.

"Where's my girlfriend," I ask to no one in particular, the only reason I am here is because of her. She is amazing and my life is once again complete.

"No idea, she isn't answering her phone." her dad answers me causing me to roll my eyes. His body language shows that something happened but I choose not to ask into it.

I head over to her twin who is just sitting in the corner ignoring everyone and take a seat next to him. He looks up at me a little surprised that I sat next to him.

"She was sad when she left" he mutters barely audible but I hear it. I get my phone out of my pocket glancing at the time. My eyes catch the date and widen.

This was the day she watched me die but it wasn't me.

"Fuck" I mutter before calling her and she answers. I don't ask the reason she left as I assume it's because of what she mentioned when she was at mine. Yet it could be due to her family.

I go to hang up before I hear a gunshot in the background. I start yelling into the phone ignoring everyone else in the room before a voice I don't recognize speaks.

He says something that caused my world to freeze as her side hangs up.

"Aiden what's going on," her dad asks me from across the room.

I go to answer before a loud banging is heard in the other room, a figure appears in the doorway yet I don't focus in on who it is.

"Where is she" I glance up at the guy who interrupts us.

"I don't know" Alessandro answers the boy.

"Fuck, you have no idea what stupid shit she does today" He groans before attempting to call someone.

"What's today," Diego asks him. It seems as he isn't a threat as everyone seems familiar with him.

"The day someone she loved died" he answer causing me to look at him in more detail, how would he know?

It can't be, she never mentioned they were alive, although well we didn't do much talking.

"Nico?" I question