Chapter 36

Adrianna's POV:

Monday came around too quickly as the alarm kept ringing from the bedside table.

Today sadly is the day I have to go back to school, I don't even know why. I have a degree yet I guess I want some sense of normality.

I slide out of bed quickly changing knowing I am most likely to be late.

As I get downstairs I see Dan waiting there, due to extensive heart surgery as some bitch stabbed me in the chest, Mr. Dan the dickhead has taken away all my car keys.

I groan as I follow him to his car waiting for the little lecture he is waiting to give me about 'safety'.

"So..." I prompt him.

"Just be safe, try not to fight and any breathing troubles you call me. Are you sure you want to go, your brothers will be there?"

I understand his worry, my brothers will most likely call the rest of my family the moment they see me, and then it will escalate and turn into a massive argument where they try to get me to go home with them.

Seeing Adriano was very fun, he never once asked me to come home but instead sat with me talking about how I have been feeling and what it was like with Dan.

He informed me that the boys and dad have been struggling with my departure and really want me home, apparently, they have been brainstorming all different ideas of how to try to fix our relationship so we can be a proper family.

I have to admit that I am happy they are trying and want a relationship, due to abandonment issues the fact they want to fix everything gives me hope for what the future might hold.

All the texts my dad sends me to make me smile, they are clearly from the heart to show he cares yet I am still wary of the danger that could come from him.

I have been barely texting Nico which is surprising but it's hard, we were both best friends with Jason and now it turns out our whole friendship was a lie.

I know that Nico would never betray me, or at least I hope but part of me is terrified that one day he will wake up and blame me for when he was taken trying to protect me.

He was four and had one of the hardest lives something no one should ever have to go through.

As for Aiden, I told him I could forgive him yet I don't think we could get back together. We had a long talk on the phone after he promised not to trace it and we decided on friends for now. I know I still love him but for now, we need trust before anything could ever even think to happen between us.

We reach the school in no time and I give Dan a hug getting out of the car.

I manage to make mine to the side of the school where I know no one hangs out without being spotted by anyone familiar.

Sitting down on a bench there I bring one of my knees to my chest hugging it as I take a deep breath.

Slowly standing up I make my way back into the school weaving through the crowd of people keeping my head low.

"ADRIANNA" a voice yells, I turn to see the triplets all stood there looking at me in awe before Luca pulls his phone out and dials a number.

I assume dad and the rest of the family but I don't wait around for long as I turn on my heel and start walking quickly to the school parking lot.

I can see my brothers pushing through the crowd as I speed up into a run before crashing into a hard chest.

Two hands grab me steading me before something is placed over my mouth and nose making my eyes widen in shock.

Then everything goes black

Luca's POV:

I get that I have been a dickhead to my little sister, but seeing her laying in that hospital bed shattered my heart.

We were finally bonding before it all went to shit.

Seeing her run in the hall away from us made my heart fall again, I want my baby sister back, I want her to be my family and I'm fine with it being just the two of us.

I quickly dial my dad's number calling him to let them know she is here and to come quickly, we need to fix this.

Following the rest of my brothers, we run outside only to see her unconscious being thrown into a van.

My brothers stand there in a trance while U start sprinting towards the men pulling out my gun.

My baby sister is there, she needs us now more than ever. And we won't give up on her.

My other brother break out of whatever state they were in and start running after me, after the men, after Adrianna.

I finally get to where the van is going to grab the guy in front of me before a gunshot sounds and an agonizing pain fills my stomach.

Grabbing it, I pull my hand away to see the crimson blood dripping all over my hand as my vision blurs.

The last thing I see is the van driving away before I collapse into someone's arms.

"Find her" I manage to whisper out as I hear my brothers yelling at me to open my eyes.

A few noises can be heard in the background including sirens that seem to be getting louder and louder until I let my body succumb to the darkness.