CH. 16

"So daddy is sick?" Jeonsan asked from the counter where he was sitting, eating some strawberries.

I was surprised when I opened the refrigerator and saw how well stocked it was. Jungkook probably used the model money and bought absolutely everything within reach at the market. He had been sleeping for two hours and in the meantime I found his cell phone in the living room and charged it, did a part of the project by myself to advance some things and when San woke up we settled in the kitchen because it was snack time.

"Yes, so I'm making porridge for when he wakes up"

"Will he get better?"

"Of course!" I smiled at him, still mixing the pan with the food "He just need some meds and rest"

Jungkook's phone began to ring again and Jimin's name appeared. It was the second time he called and I don't know if it's ok for me to just pick up the phone.

"Uncle Min!" San smiled, pointing at the phone.

"Why don't you pick it up?" I unplugged the phone and answered the video call, handing the phone to San who chatted animatedly with Jimin, explaining that his 'daddy' was sick and sleeping.

"What?!" Jimin shouted almost desperately "He's sleeping and you're wandering alone in the house?"

"I'm with Y/n!" he turned the phone at me and I waved.

"Oh, thank God" he sighed in relief and I smiled "One day Kook will give me a stroke, no kidding" I laughed.

"I came so we could study and found him sick"

"I'm not sick" a tired voice spoke behind me, startling me a little. Jungkook was up and looking much better than when I first laid eyes on him, but I could still tell something was off "I'm bursting with health, can't you tell?" he sat down next to San, rubbing his eyes "I just felt a little woozy"

"You should call your job and say that you're sick and can't go" Jimin pleaded and I placed the porridge on a plate in front of Jungkook who looked from the food to me not knowing how to react. I just smiled and turned to do the dishes.

"I'm not sick, I can go to work"

"What?!" Jimin and I said at the same time, making me turn at him "You can barely stand"

"I have to go" he murmured and shoved food into his mouth, humming in delight "This is so good"

"Have you posted the pics from the photo shoot on your insta?"

"Not yet"

"So do it! You never know, you may get another offer! How are you planning on taking me to Paris like that, Jeon?" the argument made me smile and I could feel Jungkook rolling his eyes behind me.

"Jimin I'll turn it off"

"Wait! To sum up, I won't stay with San tonight cause you won't work, right?" it took a few seconds before he got an answer.

"Yes"

"Ok then! Get better soon and do what Y/n tells you to! Bye, bye Sannie!"

"Byeee. Daddy I ate evelything, can I go play in my room?"

"Sure, baby" I heard a kiss peck and saw San passing by the kitchen door.

A silence stretched between us but it felt comfortable. Nothing but the sound of the water and the spoon against the plate on which Jungkook was eating. I had no idea what I could say or if I should just leave. This is such a perfect moment for him to mention about dinner, as a way to thank me for my help.